General Tips & FAQs
Welcome to the Vampire Wars walkthrough on Gamezebo. Vampire Wars is a role-playing game created by Zynga for Facebook. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints, and a strategy guide to how to complete Vampire Wars. This walkthrough will be updated as the game changes, so bookmark this page and come back often!
This portion of the guide will cover getting started, general functions, and any features that aren’t clearly covered in the main sections below.
The following section covers what you need to know when starting to play Vampire Wars for the first time.
- Choose a name: When first starting the game, naturally you’ll want to pick a name for your vampire. Choose whatever you like, just keep in mind it’ll cost 15 Favor Points if you decide you want to change it later, so choose well to start with.
- Choose a character type: There are 3 types of vampires/character types in Vampire Wars: Modern, Noble, and Primeval. Modern Vampires recover energy faster (every 3:20 instead of 5 minutes). Noble Vampires earn blood faster (every 54 minutes instead of 1 hour). Primeval Vampires heal and recover health faster. Choose the type best suited for you. It’s recommended when starting the game that you choose Modern Vampire, as you’ll be able to do more missions and earn more blood that way.
(Note: The game may automatically assign you to Modern Vampire for starters)
- Know your dashboard: In the top right corner of the application, you can view your immediate stats.
EXP: aka Experience Points, the bar here will show how many you have compared to how many you need to reach the next level.
Energy: This is required in order to do missions. A timer will appear next to your energy when it’s not full showing how long until you earn more.
Rage: Required to fight against other players in Combat. A timer will appear next to it when it’s not full, showing how long until you earn more.
Blood: This functions as the currency system in Vampire Wars. Earn blood by doing missions and sometimes also through Combat. A timer will appear next to it showing when you next payload comes in.
Health: Self-explanatory, this is primarilly for Combat purposes. You cannot fight if you health is below 20. You may replenish health for blood or Favor Points if you’re low, or simply wait for it to refill itself via the timer that appears next to it. If your health reaches 0, it will count as you dying and go on your permanent stats. In the same way, if you deplete another character’s health to 0, it will count as a kill.
What are Favor Points?
Favor Points are another form of in-game currency. They may be earned by completing mission tiers, leveling up, or bought with real-life money. Favor Points allow you to purchase exclusive extras and abilities that otherwise wouldn’t normally be available. It takes a while to earn up a good sum of Favor Points, so spend them wisely.
What are Skill Points?
Skill Points are obtained by completing missions and leveling up. Each time you level up, you may choose which stats to improve by spending Skill Points. Skill Points will allow you to improve your character’s stats as you see fit.
What is “Bite”?
You may notice this option when on another player’s stats page. Bite is a way to antagonize another player: it will always be effective, but does very little damage. Essentially the only function this serves is if you’re looking to pick a fight with another player.
How does “Clan” work and playing with friends work?
Fellow friends or contacts who play Vampire Wars can join your clan. Clan members can send gifts to each other and benefit from each other’s actions. They will also serve to make you a more formidable opponent in battle, and can even help you with fights and missions. Clan members can send each other free gifts once per day (not including abilities).
How do special abilities work?
You may have noticed these on the front page or in the Bazaar. Special abilities (often limited edition) may only be purchased with Favor Points. These abilities are often extremely rare and have very powerful stats. You can play the game without these abilties.
What’s the lock at the top of the screen?
The lock at the top of the screen represents a Portal. Every once in a while, a special new area of Vampire Wars will be open, and you can access it by opening the lock with a Key. When applicable, the Key can be found by doing (any) mission(s). The Portal is presently closed.
How do I beat Vampire Wars?
Vampire Wars is a game that has no specific ending. The normal missions will all be unlocked once you reach level 100. From there, your goal is to complete all the missions, earn trophies, increase rank, etc.
The Coffin acts as a sort of “home base” in Vampire Wars. Consider it your dashboard.
This is the Vampire Wars homepage. From here you can see weekly deals, featured items, and other useful features. From this page you can also view your message feed, status with the Collector, and status with Akem Manah’s Treasure (aka the Crypt). This is also the page to go to in order to send free gifts to your friends.
- Click this to view your current statistics. From here you can see what level and type of vampire you are, how many experience points are needed until the next level, and how many votes your avatar has received. You may also change the “title” that preceeds your vampire’s name. Titles may be earned by completing mission tiers. Specific stats regarding things such as blood flow, missions completed, fights won and lost etc. may also be viewed here.
- Skill Points are shown in a specific box in this menu. From here you can see your specific health, attack, defense, energy, and rage stats. Each time you level up, you’ll be given 5 skill points, which can be used to increase any of the above qualities to improve your character. Skill points may also be earned by completing missions, or bought with Favor Points.
- Blood flow is another feature shown on this page. It’s imperitive that your income always be higher than the blood deducted.
- At the very bottom of the page you can view boosts, mission items, offense abilities, defensive abilities, movement abilities, minions, and trophies that you’ve either purchased or earned. From here you can also view which abilities will be used in combat. Boosts may be used by clicking on them, otherwise they will remain in storage until you decide to use them.
- From here you can edit the appearance of your avatar, or character. You may choose between male or female, and switch anytime without it affecting your stats in any way, shape, or form: this is strictly for appearance. There are many customization options to choose from. For more options, outfit pieces, etc, you may visit the “Avatar Items Shop”. Various avatar items are priced in either Blood or Favor Points. You may try them on before purchasing.
- Customizing your vampire’s appearance can play an important role in Judgement. The better looking your vampire to others, the more positive votes you’ll get. You can even earn rewards this way.
- On occassion, special limited edition avatar items will become available. These are usually promotional items for limited edition Vampire Wars missions, and can only be earned by completing them. They will never be available for purchase, though they can be viewed from the Avatar Items Shop while available.
Personal comments left for you are displayed on this page, as well as the message feed viewable in the main Coffin area. Personal Comments are one-on-one comments between you and any other player in the game, while Clan Comments can be used to send a single comment to your entire Clan at the same time for all to view. Consider it a Shoutboard.
- Judge other players’ avatars for a chance to win a special ability. As you gain positive votes, you have an opportunity to win free rage, energy, or health refills. You may only have 1 of each refill type active at a time. Refills earned while you have a pending refill of the same type will be discarded.
- Often upon entering the page, if you haven’t done so already that day, you may judge 10 members of your clan as “tempting” (+1) immediately. Your Clan members’ votes can be viewed and compared on the Dead List on the right side of the page.
Voting consists of Toxic (-1), Tempting (+1), and Tasty (+2). You may also leave comments on the avatars to tell them what you think of their appearance. You may judge 3 vampires at a time, and do this as many times a day as you like.
Here you can view which and how many trophies you’ve earned in the game. There are 100 possible trophies, categorized by character, missions, earnings, combat, and special trophies. The following is a list of all possible trophies:
Total Trophies: 34
- Gain 5 levels in a day
- Gain 10 levels in a day
- Gain 15 levels in a day
- Gain 20 levels in a day
- Gain 25 levels in a day
Calling Dr. Acula
- Increase max health to 115
- Increase max health to 130
- Increase max health to 160
Gotta Get Your Fix
- Increase max energy to 25
- Increase max energy to 50
- Increase max energy to 100
I See Dead People
- Increase max rage to 15
- Increase max rage to 25
- Increase max rage to 50
Friends With Benefits
- Obtain 5 clan members
- Obtain 50 clan members
- Obtain 500 clan members
All Your Limbs are Belong to Us
- Increase attack to 25
- Increase attack to 50
- Increase attack to 100
Wud’ Up My Beaches
- Increase defense to 25
- Increase defense to 50
- Increase defence to 100
- Receive 8 types of Blood Magic
- Receive a Curse
- Reach level 10
- Reach level 50
- Reach level 100
- Reach level 500
- Leader of the Pack (Get onto the Overall Judgement leaderboard)
- I Feel Pretty (Receive a positive Judgement vote)
- VILF (Receive +100 Judgement votes)
- Ballot Stuffer (Cast 100 Judgement votes)
- Beaten with the Ugly Stick (Receive -100 Judgement votes)
Total Trophies: 28
- Complete 100 missions
- Complete 1,000 missions
- Complete 20,000 missions
- Complete 500,000 missions
- I accidentally the whole tier (Master Fledgling mission tier to Level 1)
- I can haz masteries? (Master Fledgling mission tier to Level 2)
- I’m in ur tier, mastering ur missions (Master Fledgling mission tier to Level 3)
- I accidentally the whole tier (Master Neophyte mission tier to Level 1)
- I can haz masteries? (Master Neophyte mission tier to Level 2)
- I’m in ur tier, mastering ur missions (Master Neophyte mission tier to Level 3)
- I accidentally the whole tier (Master Adept mission tier to Level 1)
- I can haz masteries? (Master Adept mission tier to Level 2)
- I’m in ur tier, mastering ur missions (Master Adept mission tier to Level 3)
- I accidentally the whole tier (Master Savant mission tier to Level 1)
- I can haz masteries? (Master Savant mission tier to Level 2)
- I’m in ur tier, mastering ur missions (Master Savant mission tier to Level 3)
- Bring out your dead! (Master Deathbringer mission tier to Level 1)
- Interrogation Successful (Master Deathbringer mission tier to Level 2)
- He didn’t need it anyway (Master Deathbringer mission tier to Level 3)
- Got a map for this place? (Master Vindicator mission tier to Level 1)
- Definitely Not Kosher (Master Vindicator mission tier to Level 2)
- A dish best served cold (Master Vindicator mission tier to Level 3)
- The Vampire Scout’s Forestry badge (Master Stalker mission tier to Level 1)
- Warning: Does not work on Giant Spiders! (Master Stalker mission tier to Level 2)
- Increase your perception! (Master Stalker mission tier to Level 3)
- Message for you, Sir! (Master Scion mission tier to Level 1)
- Tools of the Ritual (Master Scion mission tier to Level 2)
- The Rightful Place (Master Scion mission tier to Level 3)
Total Trophies: 22
- Britney Fan (Dominate 5 escaped mental patients)
- Blood Brothers (Dominate 10 College Fraternities)
- Rite of Habeus Corpus (Dominate 20 Law Firms)
- Fangtastic (Own 5 Fang abilities)
- I’ve got a crush on you (Own 10 Superhuman Strength abilities)
- VAMPIRE SMASH! (Own 20 Horrific Transformation abilities)
- Just a flesh wound… (Own 5 Fast Healing abilities)
- Unleaded (Own 10 Impervious abilities)
- You feelin lucky, punk? (Own 20 Indestructible abilities)
- Arriba Arriba! (Own 5 Inhuman Speed abilities)
- Nana nana nana nana Bat Form! (Own 10 Bat Form abilities)
- This is your captain speaking (Own 20 Flight abilities)
Friends of the Red Cross
- Deposit 100,000 blood into the Blood Bank
- Deposit 1,000,000 blood into the Blood Bank
- Deposit 100,000,000 blood into the Blood Bank
- Receive 10 gifts from Vampire Santa
- Receive 150 gifts from Vampire Santa
- Receive 275 gifts from Vampire Santa
- Receive 500 gifts from Vampire Santa
Vlad of All Trades
- All abilities mastered to level 1
- All abilities mastered to level 2
- All abilities mastered to level 3
Total Trophies: 7
Better than the French Army
- Win 100 fights
- Win 1,000 fights
- Win 20,000 fights
- Win 500,000 fights
Getting a Head
- Collect 20 bounties
- Collect 200 bounties
- Collect 1,000 bounties
Total Trophies: 9
- Baba Yaga Head (Received for defeating Baba Yaga)
- Completed Tutorial (Received for completing the tutorial)
- Arrrrrrrrr!!! (Unlock 5 Crypt Chests)
- Smarty Pants (Complete the Vampire Movie Quiz)*limited time only*
- Early Bird (Collect from 10 Ancient Vampiric Chests)
- Hallowed Knowledge (Complete the Halloween Quiz)*limited time only*
- Compulsive Shopper (Successfully hire and collect from the Collector 7 times in a row without arriving too late).
- Shopaholic (Successfully hire and collect from the Collector 14 times in a row without arriving too late).
A Valued Customer (Successfully collect 30 times from the Collector)
Your “Clan” are fellow friends and contacts who play Vampire Wars. The more Clan members you have, the stronger you’ll be in battle. Having Clan members may also increase your blood flow or ability to find rare abilities during combat. They may also help you in combat or with missions at certain times. You may have a maximum of 500 Clan Members.
From here you can invite other people to play Vampire Wars and join your Clan. You may also opt to purchase 3 Clan members for 20 Favor Points. You may also view your Clan Members and manage your invitations and requests from here.
My Clan (#)
Click this to view all the members of the Clan, aka your friends. You may click on their names or icons to view their profile and stats, or you can send them specific gifts from this page, such as abilities.
Give a Gift!
Click on the gift box next to an ability to send the adjacent ability to that clan member. Every time you send abilities there is a chance that Vampire Santa will appear and give you a gift in return. This is a very useful way to aid friends who are in need of abilities you no longer need. Ability stats and the quantity which you own can be viewed from this page as well.
Missions require Energy and will reward you with Experience Points (EXP) and blood. Certain missions may also reward you with special mission items and/or abilities. There are 8 different mission tiers, increasing in energy, EXP, and blood. Mission requirements may change depending on the level.
The following is a list detailing each mission of the 8 tiers, its requirements, and its rewards. A list of items and abilities acquireable via missions can be found at the end of the list. It should be noted, there is a sort of mission which is an exception to the list and qualified as a boss battle, and that would be “Fight Baba Yaga” at the end of the Fledgling Tier. The requirements of this mission constantly change and become more difficult, so it will not be included in this list. It is the only “mission” of its kind in the game.
Feast on a Human’s Blood
Destroy a Renegade Vampire
Eliminate a Street Gang
Raid a Blood Bank
Fight a Sewer Wererat
Kill a Drug Dealer
Rescue an Ally from an Insane Asylum
Fight Ghouls in the Deep Woods
Fight Ghouls in the Deep Woods
Tame a Shadow Demon
Feed in Central Park
Attack a Vampiric Lair
Sneak into a Vampire’s Nest
Fight a Vampire Slayer
End the Unlife of a Lich
Challenge a Haitian Voodoo Gang
Fight a Pack of Werewolves
Retrieve a Lost Relic from the High Desert
Fight Another Vampire for Mental Dominance
Take Control of a Neighborhood
Save a Vampire from Hunters
Clear a Laboratory of Hideous Mutants
Battle a Werewolf Lord
Rescue an Ally from the Underworld
Fight Government Agents in Foundry
Banish Summoned Demon
Face a Rival Clan Alone
Destroy a Demonic Lord
Exterminate a Rival Clan
Research the Spider Queen’s Lair
Travel through the Moonlit Forest
Uncover the Spider Caverns
Eliminate the Spider Guards
Locate the Queen’s Nest
Slay the Spider Queen
Imbibe the Spider Queen’s Blood
Demolish the Spider Caverns
Foresee a Traitor in the Midst
Interrogate a Traitorous Minion
Investigate the Lair of Acanthus
Create a Diversion
Assault Acanthus’s Lair
Stand-Off with Acanthus
Uncover Draven’s Catacombs
Navigate the Labyrinth
“Investigate” the Chapel
Clear the Rotting Meat Locker
Meet with Lord Draven
Uncover the Truth
Dispense with Lord Draven
Receive the Shadow Council’s Request
Travel to the Council Ruins
Meet with the Council’s Emissary
The Shadow Council’s Challenge
Heir to the Council
Prepare the Altar
Summon the Shadow Council
Ascend to the Shadow Council
In order to do many of these missions, you will need Mission Items (aka Consumables). Consumables may be found by doing certain missions, then used to allow you to do other missions. The following is a list of consumables and where they may be found. Consumables may also be received or given as free gifts to/from friends, or purchased at the Collector.
Destroy a Renegade Vampire (Fledgling)
Kill a Drug Dealer (Fledgling)
Rescue an Ally From an Insane Asylum (Fledgling)
Fight Ghouls in the Deep Woods (Neophyte)
Destroy a Circle of Warlocks (Neophyte)
Fight a Vampire Slayer (Neophyte)
Fight a Pack of Werewolves (Adept)
Retrieve a Lost Relic From the High Desert (Adept)
Clear a Laboratory of Hideous Mutants (Adept)
Rescue an Ally from the Underworld (Savant)
Tarot Death Card
Face a Rival Clan Alone (Savant)
Destroy a Demonic Lord (Savant)
Investigate the Lair of Acanthus (Deathbringer)
Assault Acanthus’s Lair (Deathbringer)
Stand-off with Acanthus (Deathbringer)
Uncover Draven’s Catacombs (Vindicator)
Navigate the Labyrinth (Vindicator)
“Investigate” the Chapel (Vindicator)
Lastly, nearly every mission requires special abilities to be able to do them. Many may be earned or purchased. The following is a list of abilities which can (almost exclusively, if not only) be found by doing missions. Abilities which may be found in the Crypt will be marked with a “*” at the end. On very rare occassions, some of these may also be found via mystery gift boxes and Combat. They are listed in alphabetical order:
Blood to Ashes
Destroy a Circle of Warlocks (Neophyte)
Clear a Laboratory of Hideous Mutants (Adept)*
Fight Baba Yaga (Fledgling)*
Rescue an Ally from an Insane Asylum (Fledgling)
Claws of a Demon
Destroy a Demonic Lord (Savant)*
Command of a Wolf Pack
Fight Ghouls in the Deep (Neophyte)
Command Rat Swarm
Fight a Sewer Wererat (Fledgling)
Control Bear Clan
Fight Baba Yaga (Fledgling)
Sneak Into Vampire’s Nest (Neophyte)
Fight Baba Yaga (Fledgling)
Banish Summoned Demon (Savant)*
Immunity to Religious Icons
Save a Vampire from Hunters (Adept)*
Immunity to Silver
End the Life of a Lich (Neophyte)
Face a Rival Clan Alone (Savant)
Kill a Drug Dealer (Fledgling)
Fight a Vampire Slayer (Neophyte)
Fight Government Agents in Foundry (Savant)*
Challenge a Haitian Voodoo Gang (Adept)
Resistance to Sunlight
Retrieve a Lost Relic from the High Desert (Adept)
Tame a Shadow Demon (Neophyte)
Rescue an Ally from the Underworld (Savant)
Fight Another Vampire for Mental Dominance (Adept)
Exterminate a Rival Clan (Savant)*
Interrogate a Traitorous Minion (Deathbringer)
Create a Diversion (Deathbringer)
Stand-Off with Acanthus (Deathbringer)
Investigate the Chapel (Vindicator)
Disperse of Lord Draven (Vindicator)
Travel through the Moonlit Forest (Stalker)
Slay the Spider Queen (Stalker)
Imbibe the Spider Queen’s blood (Stalker)
Travel to the Council Ruins (Scion)
The Shadow Council’s Challenge (Scion)
Heir to the Council (Scion)
Combat is a portion of the game where you may fight against other players for increased rank in the game. Combat requires “Rage”- Rage is the type of energy which allows you to fight. You may fight another player once per rage. Combat may provide you with extra blood, experience, and the occassional ability, but it may also depleat your blood if you lose. Health is depleated every time you fight. You may choose to heal by clicking on your Health in the top right corner and spending either blood or Favor Points.
Here, a list of vampires with their name, level, rank, and clan size will be provided. You may click their name to view more detailed stats. You may also choose to fight any of them by clicking “attack” next to their name, or none of them at all. The list will refresh every-so-often. Be warned that vampires with a large sized clan will be much more difficult to defeat than those with none. You may compare your rank in your stats to those available for fighting to pick the best potential pairing. It’s ideal to choose someone whose rank is a little lower than yours when fighting. Rank holds no value except inner-game player ranking and the ability to purchase a few special abilities in the Bazaar.
Players are allowed to post bounties on other players. The Hitlist displays posted bounties, who it’s from, who it’s for, their rank, and how large the reward is. If you successfully attack and defeat the player the bounty is for, you may collect the reward. Remember to make sure your rank is higher than that of the one posted. Usually players who have bounties on their heads are highly experienced, so you’ll have to wait a while before you can really use this option. You may choose to post a bounty on a player by clicking on their name to visit their stats page, then clicking “Add to Hitlist”.
Here you can compare yourself Combat-wise to your clan members and view the overall leaderboard for Vampire Wars.
The Bazaar is the marketplace for Vampire Wars. Here, you can spend blood (and Favor Points) on various abilities, minions, and avatar items.
- You can learn and unlearn abilities here. Abilities (Offensive, Defensive, Movement) increase your power in Combat, and help you in completing Missions. Some Abilities may be improved, increasing their power, but at the cost of Blood. They are listed in this area, and each ungradeable ability may be mastered to level 3, or “Superior”. You may only purchase an upgrade for these abilities every 24 hours, and their status is shown as you do so. Listed abilities often have upkeep costs, too, which will be deducted from your Bloodflow every hour. It’s important to make sure the upkeep costs are always lower than your income. Your total upkeep costs can be viewed at the top of the page.
- Skill Ranking Abilities are also obtainable here. However, you may only purchase them once your rank (see section Combat) is relavent.
- At the bottom of the page, you may view all your Rare abilities. These are abilities you’ve won, been given, or earned: essentially anything you haven’t purchased. Your default fighting abilities to be used in Combat are determined by the game and cannot be changed.
Minions increase your bloodflow every hour. They are absolutely essential to maintaining upkeep costs and overall status. You may dominate minions by spending blood in order for them to earn blood for you, or you may release them if you no longer require their services. It’s a good idea to keep all your minions, though, seeing as you pay a one-time fee for them and they’ll continue to earn blood for you every hour—even when you’re not playing. Progressively better minions will be unlocked as you level up.
Covered earlier in this guide, you may purchase various items for your avatar here by paying in either blood or Favor Points.
This is where you can edit or buy extras for your game via Favor Points. Favor Points can be purchased through real money, or earned very gradually through playing the game itself. More Favor Points may be purchased via this page as well.
Every day, you may visit the Elder Akem once for free in this sort of gambling mini-game. Choose one of the three chests, and you’ll be given a free ability. Common, uncommon, and legendary abilities are all fair game in Akem’s Gamble. You may come back every 24 hours for another free ability, or gamble again for 10 Favor Points. Odds are said to improve when using these.
Elder Mandy is in charge of this section. Spin the wheel by spending blood in order to be given a special magic ability for a 4-hour duration. Abilities range from faster filling meters, various boosts, and even a curse that will drain you of blood. Special abilities may often be shared with friends and Clan members. You may spin the wheel every 4 hours, or spin again immediately for around half the blood and 15 Favor Points. If you use Favor Points, Mandy promises not to curse you. You may use several magic abilities at once, especially if you accept them from friends.
Elder Akem Manah is also responsible for this area. There will be a chest with a certain number of locks on it. The goal is to come back everyday around the same time: each day you visit, a lock will be unlocked. If you skip a day, a lock will be locked once more. There are 5 chests total, and after you collect all of them, there will be no more available in the game. The chests and their rewards are as follows:
# of Locks
Demonic Familiar x3 (offensive ability)
Psychic Minion (minion)
Dodge Daylight x6 (movement ability)
Winged Guard x9 (defensive ability)
Ironic Annihilation x12 (offensive ability)
Note: Prizes may differ per player. Chests may only be opened once. After these, there is nothing more.
Otherwise known as Elder Jeremy, the Collector will allow you to purchase various valuable goods, specifically boosts and consumables, for blood. Wait 24 hours and he’ll have the item you’ve requested (or you can collect early for a price in Favor Points). If you’re a handful of hours late to collect your goods, though, he’ll give them away. Everytime you collect goods from him, he’ll offer a special chest to your friends.