Not sure who to form a party out of? Our Valorant agent tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the characters from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which characters to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new character additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
Valorant is a popular tactical FPS which features an exciting roster of agents. Each agent has special abilities, making them perfect for strategic gameplay. Play a casual match, or jump into competitive games. Try out the different agents to see which one you prefer! Will you enjoy Jett’s blades? Or will you prefer being a healer as Sage?
You can learn more about it on the game’s official website. If you’re looking for something new to play, check out our Overwatch 2 tier list, Multiversus tier list, and our HoloCure tier list.
Valorant Agent Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best agents currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to use them. They should also be the first choice to obtain.
- A Tier: These agents are brilliant – particularly when you haven’t unlocked enough S tiers. You should investigate these agents and see which one will counter your party’s weakness.
- B Tier: Agents in this tier can really helpwhen you haven’t unlocked many characters, but they fade later on. Definitely use them when you lack S and A characters, but swap them out as much as possible.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier agents can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these agents under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else.
The best agents in the game.
Great agents in their own right.
These agents are great, but not as strong as the others.
These can fulfil niche roles, but aren’t the best.
Skip these agents completely.
Valorant Agent Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about Valorant or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our Valorant Agent Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our Valorant agent tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play Valorant for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our Valorant Agent Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.