Not sure who to form a party out of? Our Ultra League tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the Pokemon from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which Pokemon to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new character additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
Ultra League is arguably one of the most challenging leagues in Pokemon GO. You have to assemble a team of Pokemon that are no higher than 2,500 CP. Pokemon GO is a fun Pokemon catching game that used augmented reality technology. You can explore your local areas for wild Pokemon to catch.
Ultra League Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best characters currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to add them to your party. They should also be the first choice to level up and gain access to equipment.
- A Tier: These characters are perfect for filling gaps in a party – particularly when you haven’t unlocked enough S tiers, or there aren’t enough S tiers to fill a party in the first place. You should investigate these characters and see which one will counter your party’s weakness.
- B Tier: Characters in this tier can really help during the early phases of the game, when you haven’t unlocked many characters, but they fade later on. Definitely use them when you lack S and A characters, but swap them out as much as possible.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier characters can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode, or be exceptionally powerful early on. A late-game party shouldn’t have any though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these characters under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else. They underperform at all stages of the game, and in all game modes.
The best Pokemon in the game. Add any you collect to your party.
- Giratina (Altered Forme)
- Deoxys (Defense Forme)
- Galarian Stunfisk
- Shadow Abomasnow
Great Pokemon in their own right that are great for filling gaps in your party.
- Shadow Walrein
- Shadow Swampert
- Alolan Muk
These Pokemon are great but you’ll want to swap them out later on.
- Shadow Cloyster
These can fulfil niche roles, but are ultimately better off avoiding.
- Landorus (Incarnate Forme)
- Gourgeist – Super Size
Skip these Pokemon completely.
- Shadow Victreebel
- Shadow Entei
- Shadow Hitmonchan
Ultra League Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about Ultra League or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our Ultra League Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our Ultra League tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play Ultra League for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our Ultra League Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.