Not sure who to form a party out of? Our TFT tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the characters from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which characters to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new character additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
TFT (or Teamfight Tactics) is a League of Legends auto-battler spin-off game that launched in 2019. The game pits you against seven online enemies as you try and be the last one standing. In this attempt, you must build the best League of Legends team in order to defeat the enemy.
You can learn more about it on the game’s official website. If you’re looking for something new to play, check out our Neural Cloud Kuro event shop guide, Valor Legends tier list, Genshin Impact Feruzan build, and our Genshin Impact TCG tier list.
TFT Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best characters currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to add them to your party. They should also be the first choice to level up and gain access to equipment.
- A Tier: These characters are perfect for filling gaps in a party – particularly when you haven’t unlocked enough S tiers, or there aren’t enough S tiers to fill a party in the first place. You should investigate these characters and see which one will counter your party’s weakness.
- B Tier: Characters in this tier can really help during the early phases of the game, when you haven’t unlocked many characters, but they fade later on. Definitely use them when you lack S and A characters, but swap them out as much as possible.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier characters can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode, or be exceptionally powerful early on. A late-game party shouldn’t have any though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these characters under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else. They underperform at all stages of the game, and in all game modes.
The best characters in the game. Add any you collect to your party, and reroll for them.
- Miss Fortune
Great characters in their own right that are great for filling gaps in your party.
- Lee Sin
These characters are great during the beginning of the game, but you’ll want to swap them out later on.
- Aurelion Sol
These can fulfil niche roles, but are ultimately better off avoiding.
Skip these characters completely.
TFT Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about Teamfight Tactics or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our TFT Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our Teamfight Tactics tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play the game for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our TFT Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.