So, there’s a new South Park game out, and guess what? South Park: Phone Destroyer is actually pretty good. A mixture of real-time strategy and collectible card gaming, it scratches all the casual gaming itches while throwing in a fairly entertaining storyline.
We’ve already covered how to tackle its PvP battles, but what if you’re still floundering right at the start? Don’t sweat it. Gamezebo’s South Park: Phone Destroyer Tips, Cheats and Strategies is here to help. The only thing we can’t do? Well, Kenny’s probably still going to die. Sorry about that. We’re not miracle workers.
Gather Your Deck
- This is a game that offers over 80 different cards. With that amount of choice, you really need to learn to prioritize. Knowing what cards to focus on is going to depend on your playing style mostly, but there are some things to note.
- Make sure you always have a tank, damage dealing assassin, and a ranged unit from your starter deck. Upgrade them as much as you can. You really need to have at least one of each of these to stand a chance in battle. Yes, work on favoring certain cards over other cards.
- Ideally, you want to have at least two decks available to you. One for PvP and one for the single player mode. They don’t have to be completely different but certain cards are going to be more useful in single player than they are in PvP.
- Experiment with different combos to see what works best for you, but always be ready to adapt accordingly.
- Expensive cards are powerful in battle but they’re also expensive, of course. Work on building a deck based around just one or two expensive cards with the rest being low cost but effective abilities.
- If you’re only using high cost cards, you won’t be able to outnumber your opponents and you’re going to be overwhelmed. Chipping away at your enemy is way more effective than using rare strong attacks.
- Keep things balanced – don’t place an assassin or ranged unit alone on the battlefield. Make sure there’s a tank there to soak up the damage. Vice versa – don’t rely solely on your tanks. And don’t just use any old card for the sake of it. Your energy restores slowly so you want to plan ahead and always have something left up your sleeve.
- Buy new card packs every chance you get. The game will want you to use your coins on opening additional lockers, but this isn’t worth it when there are other means in which to do this. Keep on buying those card packs.
Enjoy the free stuff
- Every four hours, you’ll gain a free reward, providing you’ve claimed any previous rewards available to you. Log in often, if you can, to reap the most benefits. Those freebies add up fast and can make a substantial difference, especially early on.
- Special events also give you the chance of earning cool freebies, simply for participating in them. Dive right in when you get the chance.
- At the end of each battle, you can open three lockers with prizes inside. Typically, you can open extra lockers after watching an advert. It all adds up so do this whenever you have some spare time. It’s boring but worth it.
- Remember, you can always replay past campaign levels at higher difficulties. By doing so, you’re able to get better prizes which means more coins and cards.
- Customized and upgraded your deck pretty well? Played the first 15 or so levels of the campaign? Go dive into PvP and follow our guide. You’re ready for the next challenge!