Pumped BMX 3 is the third (and supposedly final) installment of Yeah Us!’s highly enjoyable Pumped BMX series. It’s a tricky but satisfying game that has you trying to nail various tricks while riding your bike across short courses.
Gamezebo’s Pumped BMX 3 Tips, Cheats and Strategies are here to give you some assistance as you get to grips with things.
- Replay the tutorial a few times to truly master things. It’s a fairly simple layout, meaning it’s the perfect place for you to master how things feel as you fly through the air.
- Kind of like Tiny Wings, momentum is everything. Sometimes, you’re better off not nailing a small trick. Instead, using that time going over a ramp to build up some speed for a bigger leap.
- Spins are one of the main moves available to you. Simply tapping the spin button has you performing a slow spin, while holding speeds things up massively. Adjust accordingly. If you’ve got a big gap to clear, you should be good to pull off a hefty spin. Only a small leap involved? Don’t overdo it!
- Remember to release the pump button just after you’ve taken off. It’s not needed at this point, and you want to hit it again as you’re landing.
- More importantly, if you keep holding pump while going through the air, it slows you down which isn’t a good idea when clearing a big jump.
- Remember to keep an eye on each level objective. Ideally, you want to aim to complete a few of these over time. Knowing what move is expected of you helps a ton, although you can always have fun simply messing around.
More Advanced Tricks
- Tweaking the joystick will activate various moves such as no hands or a tail whip. It’s good for building up some points quickly, especially when negotiating a small drop.
- The more you play, the more you’ll realize that certain joystick moves work better with different jumps. No-hander is particularly good when dealing with a small drop, as your bike isn’t tilted at the time.
- Tilting your iPhone can help with points too. Doing so will often invoke a flip or two, which can be great in conjunction with other moves.
- Don’t go crazy with the leaning though. Go slowly. Pumped BMX 3 is twitchy and it’s easy to overdo a move, and have to restart.
- In later stages, linking together tricks is a key way to get the best medals.
- Also, don’t forget the T2 tricks. You can switch between easier tricks called T1 and higher scoring T2 tricks. They’re harder to control, but your points will fly through the roof if you nail them.
- Whatever trick you’re pulling, make sure you land safely. Landing flat and even is vital otherwise you’ll screw up and fail the level. It is possible to finish off with a manual, but it’s a lot safer if both wheels are on the ground.
Know Your Tracks
- Don’t be afraid to repeat a level over and over again. it’s the perfect way to master them, and gradually improve upon earlier scores.
- Having said that, if you’re not enjoying it, Pumped BMX 3 opens up new levels pretty readily, so you can always go back and forth. Sometimes, a break can help.