Not sure which heroes to pick in Square Enix’s new gacha RPG? Our Octopath Traveler: CotC tier list is right here to help you. In this guide, we’re going to round up the all of the Octopath Traveler: CoC heroes and order them into tiers, from the heights of S class to the extreme lows of C. With that in mind, why not bookmark this page and check back often to make sure your team is always in top shape?
Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent takes you back to the beautiful HD-2D lands of pixelated Orsterra. You set forth for adventure, collecting up to 64 different heroes to add to your party, which consists of up to eight heroes. At that point, you know the drill: explore the world, battle enemies, and improve your heroes. Path actions even make an appearance, opening up a bunch more possibilities. You can learn more about it on the official site.
Learn everything you need to know about the Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent release date, get a headstart with our Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent codes, and learn more about the Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent characters. Fan of gacha RPGs? Well, we cover a bunch of them. We recommend checking out our T3 Arena tier list, Evertale tier list, and Hero Emblems 2 tier list.
Octopath Traveler: CotC Tier List
Last updated on May 31.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best characters currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to add them to your party. They should also be the first choice to level up and gain access to equipment.
- A Tier: These characters are perfect for filling gaps in a party – particularly when you haven’t unlocked enough S tiers, or there aren’t enough S tiers to fill a party in the first place. You should investigate these characters and see which one will counter your party’s weakness.
- B Tier: Characters in this tier can really help during the early phases of the game, when you haven’t unlocked many characters, but they fade later on. Definitely use them when you lack S and A characters, but swap them out as much as possible.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier characters can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode, or be exceptionally powerful early on. A late-game party shouldn’t have any though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these characters under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else. They underperform at all stages of the game, and in all game modes.
Now, we’ll rank all of the characters from the heights of S rank to the depths of D rank.
- Yan Long
Octopath Traveler: CotC Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about Octopath Traveler: CotC or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our Octopath Traveler: CotC Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our Octopath Traveler: CotC tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play Octopath Traveler: CotC for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our Octopath Traveler: CotC Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.
How do I Perform an Octopath Traveler: CotC Reroll?
Want to know how to perform an Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent reroll? Well, follow these steps:
- Download Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
- Launch it
- When you’re invited to sign into your Square Enix account, skip this step
- Play until you perform your first 10x pull
- If you don’t get the character you want, delete the game and reinstall it
- Start the instructions from the beginning
Alternatively, you can always use an Android emulator to run a bunch of instances simultaneously until you get the character you want, then sync it to your Square Enix account. This will allow you to transfer your data to iOS as well.
You can grab Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent via the links at the top of this article.