Not sure who to form a party out of? Our Movie Bosses tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the characters from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which characters to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new character additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle is a huge mobile game based on the hit franchise, Dragon Ball Z. Collect a wide variety of characters that cover a range of specs and stats. It’s a brilliant 2D puzzle game – perfecct for any Dragon Ball Z fan! Upgrade your characters so you can deliver poweful Super Attacks.
You can learn more about it on the Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle Wiki page. If you’re looking for more Dokkan Battle content, check out our Battle of Fate tier list and our Worldwide Chaos tier list. If you’re on the hunt for something new to play, take a look at our Dragon Ball Legends tier list.
Movie Bosses Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best characters currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to add them to your party. They should also be the first choice to level up and gain access to equipment.
- A Tier: These characters are perfect for filling gaps in a party – particularly when you haven’t unlocked enough S tiers, or there aren’t enough S tiers to fill a party in the first place. You should investigate these characters and see which one will counter your party’s weakness.
- B Tier: Characters in this tier can really help during the early phases of the game, when you haven’t unlocked many characters, but they fade later on. Definitely use them when you lack S and A characters, but swap them out as much as possible.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier characters can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode, or be exceptionally powerful early on. A late-game party shouldn’t have any though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these characters under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else. They underperform at all stages of the game, and in all game modes.
The best characters in the game. Add any you collect to your party, and reroll for them.
- Planet-Crushing Blow Cooler (Final Form)
- Extreme Ultimate Power Cooler
- The Emperor’s New Power Golden Frieza
- Infinite Terror Metal Cooler
- Boiling Evil Super Janemba
- Explosive Evolution Turles
- Galaxy-Threatening Invasion Full Power Boujack (Galactic Warrior)
- Instinctive Destruction Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
- Destroyers of the Universe Team Turles
- Indestructible Saiyan Evil Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
- Glacial Prestige Frieza (1st Form)
- Fusion with the Big Gete Star Metal Cooler
- Steely Hatred Metal Cooler
- Restoring Our Clan’s Reputation Cooler
Great characters in their own right that are great for filling gaps in your party.
- Heinous Attack Cooler (Final Form)
- Open The Gates of Hell Cooler (Final Form)
- Murderous Overlord Boujack
- Power Developed for Survival Broly
- Overwhelming Army Metal Cooler Army
- Nightmarish Impact Super Saiyan Broly
- A New Life on Vampa Broly & Cheelai & Lemo
- Evil Incursion Super Janemba
- Netherworld Demon Super Janemba
- Phantom Majin Sealed Within Tapion (Hirudegarn)
- Hot-Blooded God of Destruction Beerus
- Otherworld in Collapse Janemba
- Fire of Vengeance Golden Frieza
- Demonic Fighter of Steel Metal Cooler (PHY)
- Demonic Fighter of Steel Metal Cooler (AGL)
- Demonic Fighter of Steel Metal Cooler (INT)
- Demonic Fighter of Steel Metal Cooler (TEQ)
- Foe Elimination Circuit Android 13
- Endless Evolution of the Warrior Race Super Saiyan Broly
- Unusual Evolution Broly (Wrathful)
- Fighter of the Mechanical Planet Metal Cooler
- The Most Malevolent Ever Golden Frieza
- Demonic Fighter of Steel Metal Cooler (STR)
- Vile and Violent Turles
These characters are great during the beginning of the game, but you’ll want to swap them out later on.
- Eternal Horror Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
- Global Harmony Through Destruction Beerus & Whis
- Devastating Punishment Beerus
- Ruthless Android Android 13
- Golden Malice Golden Frieza
- Almighty Cleave Cooler
- Umpire of Annihilation Beerus
- Super Warrior of Destruction Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
- Proof of Resurrection Golden Frieza
- Swirling Ambition Turles (Giant Ape)
- Namekian Mutation Lord Slug
- Evil Namekian Lord Slug (Giant Form)
- Tyrannical Maelstrom Full Power Boujack
- Wayward God Beerus
These can fulfil niche roles, but are ultimately better off avoiding.
- Light Orb of Hatred Fusion Android 13
- Fury and Battle Instinct Super Saiyan Broly
- Absolute Suppression Turles
- Tragedy Born From Power Fusion Android 13
- Thrill of the Fight Beerus
Skip these characters completely.
- Horrific Super Energy Full Power Boujack
- The Return of The Demon Bio-Broly
- Resolute Execution Cooler (Final Form)
Movie Bosses Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about Movie Bosses or tier lists in general.
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our Movie Bosses Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our Movie Bosses tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play Movie Bosses for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our Movie Bosses Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new character releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.