Not sure which souls to use? Our MapleStory Soul tier list is here to help you. In this guide, we rank all of the souls from S tier to D tier, allowing you to waste no time in guessing which ones to use. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated alongside new soul additions and balance patches. So, we recommend that you bookmark this page and check back often.
MapleStory is a long-running side-scrolling MMORPG in which you select a class then head out on an open world adventure, battling anime-style enemies. When you reach level 75, you access the soul system, which lets you boost your weapon’s stats by applying a soul.
MapleStory Soul Tier List
Now, we’ll go through our actual tier list, including an explanation of the tiers and some FAQs.
Before we move onto the tier list though, we thought we’d quickly explain what our tiers mean:
- S Tier: These are the best souls currently available in the game, and you should definitely aim to add them to your weapon.
- A Tier: These souls are great in very specific builds, or if you haven’t accessed a decent S tier soul yet.
- B Tier: Souls in this tier are neither good or bad. They won’t hold you back, but nor will you be the best.
- C Tier: The only real difference between C and D tier is that C tier souls can occasionally have niche uses. They may be great at a particular game mode, or be exceptionally powerful early on. A late-game character shouldn’t have any though.
- D Tier: We don’t recommend using these souls under any circumstance, unless you absolutely have to because you have nothing else. They underperform at all stages of the game, and in all game modes.
The best souls in the game.
- Versus Hilla
Great souls in their own right that are great for specific builds.
- Pink Bean
- Von Bon
These souls are fine, if not exceptional.
- Bad Brawler
- Black Knight
- Mad Mage
- Rampant Cyborg
- Vicious Hunter
These can fulfil niche roles, but are ultimately better off avoiding.
- Von Leon
Skip these souls completely.
- Dragon Rider
- Gold Dragon
- Prison Guard
- Red Tiger
- Spirit of Rock
MapleStory Soul Tier List FAQ
Now we’ll answer a bunch of questions you may have about MapleStory, souls, or tier lists in general.
What Is MapleStory?
MapleStory is a long-running PC MMORPG that takes place in a 2D plane. Think classic Mario titles and you’re along the right lines. You pick a class then battle enemies, levelling up and increasing your powers along the way.
What Are Souls?
Souls in MapleStory are a weapon upgrade system that allows you to boost your weapon’s stats depending on the soul you use. Typically, this is attack or magic attack. You unlock the system at level 75, and it’s a vital component of late game progression
What Is A Tier List?
A tier list is a list of characters (or, in this case, weapon souls) that you can unlock in a game – particularly a gacha game – ordered from best to worst. We rank from S tier to D tier, with S being best and D being worst.
The purpose of a tier list is to help you, the player, determine who the best characters to unlock are, so you can save time and money. Once you know who the best characters are, you can form a party out of them and ignore the others.
How Did We Pick Our MapleStory Soul Tier List?
We used a combination of the following factors when deciding on our MapleStory soul tier list:
- Personal experience
- Community feedback
- General consensus from other tier lists
However, it’s worth noting that tier lists are subjective by nature. This is based on our experience with the game, but yours may vary. So, we recommend that you take this with a pinch of salt and play MapleStory for yourself.
How Often Do We Update Our MapleStory Soul Tier List?
We update this tier list regularly to ensure that it always follows the latest meta. Typically, you can expect an update around the following happenings:
- A new soul releases
- Balance changes
There may be a small delay between the above two events as we’ll return to the game to check out the new character for ourselves, or to see how the balance patches have affected things.