Looking for a Genshin Impact Yaoyao build guide? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve created an extensive guide that covers everything you need to know. From Talent materials to weapons, we conducted extensive research into his resources and equipment.
Genshin Impact is one of the most popular gacha RPGs of all time. With millions of dedicated players, the game continues to soar. Collect characters, explore the world of Teyvat, and immerse yourself in the incredible story. The world-building and character development through the game are truly something special – give it a try! Defeat bosses with your friends, challenge yourself in the Abyss, or wander through the environment as you gather resources.
Enjoying Genshin Impact? Check out our other guides for Genshin Impact codes, and Genshin Impact events. If you’re fancying something different, take a look at our Zenless Zone Zero tier list.
Genshin Impact Yaoyao
Now, let’s start with our Yaoyao Build guide.
- 4-Star Character
- Polearm User
- Element: Dendro
- Best Use: Support
- How to Obtain: Standard Banner
- Normal Attack: Toss ‘N’ Turn Spear
Yaoyao Passive Talents
- In Others’ Shoes
- Tailing on Tiptoes
Yaoyao Fun Facts
- Yaoyao was Xiangling’s junior disciple
- She’s Ganyu’s assistance
- Has a close relationship with Madame Ping
Genshin Impact Yaoyao Build
Let’s move on to the actual character build.
Best Yaoyao Weapon
It can be tough when trying to figure out the perfect weapon for a Genshin character. We’ve done our research and compiled a list of his best weapon – as well as the best alternatives.
Staff of Homa
- 5-Star Polearm
- Weapon Banner
- Crit Damage increase
Weapon Skill: Reckless Cinnabar
- HP is increased by 20%, and gives an Attack Bonus buff based on 0.8% of the character’s maximum HP
- When the character’s HP is under 50%, the Attack Bonus is increased by 1% of maximum HP
Best Alternative Yaoyao Weapons
Haven’t got a spare Staff of Homa lying around? Don’t worry, there are plenty of other weapons suitable for Yaoyao.
- 4-Star Polearm
- Standard Banner
- HP increase
Weapon Skill: Bane of the Soft
- Increases the damage against slimes by 40%
- 4-Star Polearm
- Standard Banner
- Energy Recharge increase
Weapon Skill: Windfall
- Critical Hits have a 60% chance to generate Elemental Particles
Best Yaoyao Artifact Set
Now that we’ve covered the best weapons for Yaoyao, what’s his most optimal artifact set?
Tenacity of the Millelith
- Obtained From: Ridge Watch
- 2-Piece Buff: HP is increased by 20%
- 4-Piece Buff: When an Elemental Skills hits an enemy, the overall Attack of all close by party members is increased by 20% and shield strength is increased by 30% for a total of 3 seconds
Best Alternative Yaoyao Artifact Sets
Can’t get your hands on decent Tenacity of the Millelith pieces? These are the best alternative artifact sets for Yaoyao.
- Obtained From: Spire of Solitary Enlightenment
- 2-Piece Buff: 15% Dendro Damage Bonus
- 4-Piece Buff: When an Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits an enemy, their Dendro Resistance will decrease by 30% for a total of 8 seconds
Best Yaoyao Artifact Stats
- Sands: HP Percentage
- Goblet: HP Percentage
- Circlet: Healign Bonus / HP Percentage
- Sub stats: HP Percentage, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge, Attack Percentage, Crit Rate / Crit Damage
Genshin Impact Yaoyao Build – Ascension Materials
Every Genshin Character requires certain resources to ascend. Let’s take a look at what Yaoyao needs.
- Nagadus Emerald Sliver – Dropped by Dendro Hypostasis, and Jadeplume Terrorshroom bosses
- Nagadus Emerald Fragment – (3 Slivers to craft 1 Fragment) Dropped by Dendro Hypostasis, and Jadeplume Terrorshroom bosses
- Nagadus Emerald Chunk – (3 Fragments to craft 1 Chunk) Dropped by Dendro Hypostasis, and Jadeplume Terrorshroom bosses
- Nagadus Emerald Gemstone – (3 Chunks to craft 1 Gemstone) Dropped by Dendro Hypostasis, and Jadeplume Terrorshroom bosses
- Quelled Creeper – Dropped by Dendro Hypostasis boss
- Jueyun Chili – Found around Liyue
Genshin Impact Yaoyao Build – Talent Materials
Genshin characters also have Talents that need to be leveled up. The higher the Talent level, the stronger the Elemental Skill/Burst/Normal Attack.
- Teachings of Diligence – Obtained from Taishan Mansion
- Guide to Diligence – (3 Teachings to craft 1 Guide) Obtained from Taishan Mansion
- Philosophies of Diligence – (3 Guides to craft 1 Philosophies) Obtained from Taishan Mansion
- Slime Condensate– Dropped by Slimes
- Slime Secretions– (3 Condendate to craft 1 Secretions) Dropped by Slimes
- Slime Condensate– (3 Secretions to craft 1 Condensate) Dropped by Slimes
- Daka’s Bell – Dropped by Joururi Workshop
- Crown of Insight
That’s it for our Yaoyao build guide. If you’d like to know more about Genshin Impact itself, visit the game’s official website.