Game Introduction – Flight Control Rocket
Flight Control Rocket is a line-drawing game from Firemint and Electronic Arts. This isn’t the Flight Control you’re used to, with twists and turns at every corner. Not to worry though, as Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you need to get soaring.
Quick Start Guide
- Getting going with Flight Control Rocket is easy! Just click on the “Play Now” button above to download the game right now. After it’s done downloading and installing, tap on its icon (labeled “Flight Control Rocket“) on your device’s home screen. This will launch the game, so get ready!
- Once you have reached the main menu of the game, you can login with Origin by tapping on the Origin logo in the top right corner of the screen. If you don’t have Origin, you can create a new account in just a few steps.
- Once you’ve logged in with Origin, go ahead and tap on the Play button to start the game.
- Now you will be shown a new menu with different sets of level to play. The first option is the Flight School, so let’s tap on it to get started.
How to Play
- Flight Control Rocket does play a bit differently than the previous game in the series, so we should go over how to play this new version.
- The first thing you will need to do is make the little red ship move into the large space ship. Drag with your finger from the little ship to the large ship to perform the first step.
- Moving the little ships to land on the large ships is not the only aspect to keep in mind, as you will need to move the ships to the different landing pads based on their colors.
- The pink ships need to land on the pink landing pads, and the yellow ships need to land on the yellow landing pads. This applies to every ship you will see in the game, and is something you should always have in mind. There may even be different shapes of landing pads, but color should always be your guide.
- Once you direct a little ship, it will begin to move based on the trail you made, until it lands on a landing pad or collides with another ship. Yes, you will need to be careful when directing ships as they can and will collide if you allow them to.
- A very early tutorial will have you playing with three different ships at once, and you will need to manage them all differently to make sure they don’t collide.
- One way to avoid collisions easily is to redirect paths after you’ve already created them. To do this, just drag your finger starting with the ship you want to move, and then to a new location than previously.
- If any of the ships do end up colliding, you will lose one heart piece from your health. These hearts are represented in the top left corner of the screen. Once these hearts are depleted, the game will be over and your score will be reset when trying again.
- Occasionally, you will come across the need to move ships from a smaller carrier to the large ship. You can do this by dragging them off of the ship and onto your ship. Be careful though, as you need to perform this quickly or the carrier will disappear.
- Coins will also appear out of thin air, and you should tap on them to collect them so you can purchase upgrades in the shop.
- After you’ve successfully landed a certain number of ships onto the carrier, you will finish the level and can move on to the next one.
- In the game’s shop, you can buy upgrades that work in your games. Let’s go over some of the upgrades you can purchase in the shop. More Coins, More Score, Short Snakes, Fast Yellow, Autoland, Life, Invincibility and Insurance are all one-time purchases, meaning you will never have to buy them again to use them again.
- The More Coins option will multiply how many coins you get every time you collect coins while playing the game. This upgrade is nice if you’ve been anxious to collect more coins, and could become a valuable asset in the long run.
- More Score works a lot like the More Coins option, but will give you more score instead of coins.
- Short Snakes will give you shorter snake ships. Snake ships are ships that have more than one in a row, and will all move in sync. The longer the snake, the harder it is to maneuver them, so this upgrade is a nice addition.
- Fast Yellow will increase the speed in which your yellow ships travel. Yellow ships are normally the slowest of them all, so this will help a lot.
- If you’re looking for a real lifesaver, Autoland will surely help out. This upgrade will land some ships automatically when used. How awesome is that?
- The Life power-up is pretty straight forward, as it will simply grant you extra lives for when you have ships collide.
- The Invincibility upgrade will give you a chance for all the ships to become invulnerable after a collision has occurred.
- Insurance will make continues cost fewer coins, so you can keep playing without breaking the bank each time.
- Now, these bots only need to be purchased once, but their batteries can wear down to where you will need to recharge them to keep them going.
- In the Shop, you can also buy batteries and power crystals for use with these bots.
- Batteries will charge up your bots so you can use them in game any time you wish. Power crystals work the same as batteries, but will also triple the experience earned while using the bots.
- Note: Coins can be earned in the game, or purchased with real money. Be careful when purchasing coins.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Flight Control Rocket! To keep up with games like this in the future, keep checking back with Gamezebo!