Game Introduction – DragonVale
DragonVale is a simulation game from Backflip Studios for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Raise and breed your own dragons in this wonderful fantasy world. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be rolling in the stars in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing DragonVale, you’ll first need to download and install the app by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find the app on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “DragonVale” to get playing.
- Now that the game has loaded, you will be given a short tutorial on how to start building your village.
Building your village
- One of the first items you will be tasked with is building a new plant dragon for your village.
- To access buildings; tap the Market button to bring up the shop. Tap on the Eggs menu to access all of the available eggs for you to grow. Starting out, you will likely only have the plant variety available, so choose that by tapping on it.
- Now you may purchase the dragon for its listed price. You can read a small description about the dragon before buying it. Once you’ve decided to purchase it, tap the Buy button.
- The dragon will now rest in the nursery until it is ready to hatch.
- The next item you will want to build is a plant habitat, which will make your plant dragon happy when it’s born. Go into the Market, tap the Habitats button, and then purchase the plant habitat. This time, you will be taken into placement mode, where you can decide exactly where you want the plant habitat to be. To move the habitat, drag your finger on the outline of it until you’re satisfied with its position, and then tap the Done button when you’re ready.
- Your plant dragon should be ready by this point, so tap on the egg, then tap the Hatch button to hatch the egg and move him to the plant habitat. If you are not satisfied with the dragon’s name, you can tap on the plant habitat, then on the dragon’s name to change it.
- Note: All habitats are not the same, and some will take a good long time to be built, so be mindful of that before purchasing them. If you don’t want to wait for buildings and habitats to be built, you can bypass the waiting time by using gems. The same principles go for eggs and hatching.
- A farm would be nice for your dragons, as they will be able to receive treats for their good behavior.
- Tap on the Market, then the Buildings tab to start building a Farm. Place the farm in placement mode, then tap the Done button to place it down.
- Once your farm is built, you can start growing the treats for your dragons. Tap the Farm, then the Grow Treats button to bring up the Treats menu. Tap on any of the available treats to start growing them now. At the beginning, you will likely only have Dragon Snaps available to you.
- At this point, you can either wait for the treats to grow or automatically finish growing them with gems.
- When you want to feed one of your dragons a treat, simply select them inside the habitat and tap the big green feed button. They will instantly receive the treat and gain a few experience points.
- If you are into making your village a bit more colorful and bright, you can do so by going into the Market and hitting the decorations tab. Here you will find decorations of all types in order to keep your village looking good. Remember, new types of decorations are being released all the time, so keep checking back to keep up to date. You don’t want to be out of fashion, do you?
- Island expansions are on the way in a future update, and at that point you will be able to travel to another island and grow even more dragons.
- In DragonVale, there are a few nice social features that allow you to interact with friends’ villages, as well as help them out along the way.
- To access the social features, tap the Friends icon in the lower left corner of the screen. You will be shown a screen with all of your Game Center friends currently playing DragonVale. You may also login to Facebook by tapping on its icon to play with your Facebook friends if you wish.
- If all else fails and you have no friends to play DragonVale with, you can tap on the “Visit a Random Player” button to be immediately taken to a stranger’s town. Visiting a town doesn’t earn you or the other player any extra points but it does give you some ideas on what kind of dragons you will be able to build later on. When you are done visiting, tap on the Go Home button to be taken back to your village.
- You can also send your friends gifts if you would like, with a certain amount you are allowed to give away every day. To send your friend a gift, simply tap on their name in the friends list and then tap the send gift button to send them a gift. They’ll likely appreciate it!
- Leaderboards are also available for you to compare scores with your friends and the world. To see the leaderboards, tap on the icon in the lower right corner. You can then scroll through a list and see which of your friends has the best dragons.
- If you are into earning achievements while you play games, you can see a list of which ones you’ve earned in DragonVale by tapping on the ribbon icon on the bottom of the screen.
- You have completed the quick start guide for DragonVale on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now that you know how to take care of your dragons, you’ll be their friend in no time! Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more!