Game Introduction – Drag Racing: Bike Edition
Welcome for the quick start guide for Drag Racing: Bike Edition, a game where you can customize your bike and then race against other bikes to earn money that you can use to improve your own performance. Challenge other players to tournaments and work your way up the leaderboards, or travel the world in career mode.
Quick Start Guide
- Cash: Cash is the currency in Drag Racing: Bike Edition. Cash is used to purchase new bikes, upgrade your bike, purchase nitro, painting your bike, and tuning your bike. Cash is earned by winning races against other players, betting on races, and winning races in career mode.
- The Lobby: The lobby is the main screen where you will begin each time you load the game. Here you can view your stats, your bike stats, change which bike you wish to race with, access races, the shop, the garage, and the lounge.
- Bike: Your bike is what you will be racing on. You bike has three stats: power, weight, and grip. You will need to purchase upgrades and keep these stats balanced to have the best shot at winning races.
- Shop: The shop is where you can buy and sell your bikes. You can also test drive any bike you are considering purchasing. You can also purchase nitro here.
- Garage: The garage is where you can customize your bike. You can purchase upgrades, paint your bike, and fine tune it here.
- Upgrade: Upgrading your bike(s) will give you an edge in races. As you unlock new levels in career mode, you will need to upgrade your bike or you will be left in the dust.
- Engine: Engine upgrades allow you to upgrade your engine and ECU. These upgrades will increase your bhp but be careful, some of the upgrades will increase the weight of your bike.
- Exhaust: Under the exhaust tab you can purchase upgrades for your bikes exhaust. These upgrades will increase your bhp and some of them can decrease the weight of your bike.
- Nitro: Here you can upgrade your bikes nitrous capacity. Using nitro while racing will give you a quick speed boost. You can increase the boost that you receive and the number of nitro used when activated by purchasing these upgrades.
- Turbo: Upgrading turbo items will increase the bhp of your bike.
- Weight: Here you can purchase upgrades to decrease the weight of your bike.
- Wheels: Purchase better wheels and increase the grip of your bike.
- Gearbox: Items purchased here will increase your acceleration.
- Race: There are numerous types of races you can participate in. You can race in career mode, or challenge other players to races.
- Course: There are three course lengths to choose from (when you have the option to choose). You can choose between ½ mile, ¼ mile, and 1/8 mile tracks.
- Tuning: Under the tune menu you can fine tune your bike(s). You can make changes to the front sprocket, rear sprocket, nitro duration, and tire pressure. Before you save your tweaks, you can test drive your bike and see how well it does. You can also reset your bike back to default settings if you are unhappy with your changes. Please note that making changes to your bike will cost you cash.
- Career: Career mode takes you around the world, racing against numerous different opponents. Please see the section on career mode for more information.
- Training Course: Training courses allow you to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics without penalty. You can still earn small amounts of cash on these courses as well. On the training menu you can select the length of the race track on the left side of the screen and difficulty of the track on the right.
- Tournament: Tournaments pit you against other players in an arena similar to career mode. Winning the tournament will earn you large amounts of cash.
- Face to Face: Face to face races are single races against other players in the game. You can earn more cash from these races than you can in career mode.
- Unranked Race: Unranked races gives you two options, riders battle which is similar to face to face, and bet & race where you can place a wager on yourself.
- Awards: While progressing through the game you will unlock achievements. You can view your awards by visiting the lounge from the lobby screen.
- Career mode is the single player portion of Drag Racing: Bike Edition.
- To get to career mode from the lobby select the race button and then select career.
- This will open the world map. Here you will be able to access any of the cities you have unlocked. To unlock new cities you will need to win all the races in the previous city.
- The first city you will be racing in is New York. Once you’ve completed it you will unlock Tokyo.
- Select the city you wish to race in and tap the go button.
- You will open the race menu. Here you can choose to race a new race or redo a race you’ve already won to try and earn a higher score.
- Select the race you wish to begin and the tap the race button located at the bottom right of the screen.
- This will begin the race. On the right side of your screen is a handlebar icon. Tap on it to rev your engine. Watch the bar at the bottom of the screen and try to land in the green area when the race begins. You can rev your engine repeatedly until the race begins.
- Once the race begins, keep your eye on that same bar at the bottom of the screen. When it reaches the green area tap the plus sign on the right side of the screen to shift gears. The closer you get to the green the better your race results will be.
- If you have any nitro available you can also tap the nitro button the on left side of the screen for a short burst of speed. Use it wisely though. Nitro is not cheap to purchase and you don’t want to use it in a race that you know you will win or in a race that you have no chance at winning (you’ll know which ones these are quite quickly). Save your nitro for when you are neck in neck with your opponent to get the most benefit from it.
- Once you win (or lose) a race you will be taken to the result page. Here you will be able to see the time it took you to complete the race, you top speed, and how quickly you went from 0-60. You will also see your race rating, how much cash you won and how many victory points you earned.
- You can replay levels to earn a higher rating but you will earn less cash than you did initially.
- After a while you will find your opponents becoming more and more difficult. This is a sign that it’s time to either upgrade you bike or purchase a new bike.
- Racing against other players in the game follows the same mechanics, but your opponents will be different each time, and will be using their own customized bikes. This can make those races easier or harder depending on who you get pitted against.
Upgrading & Customizing Your Bike
- Upgrading your bike is vital to winning races in Drag Racing: Bike Edition.
- To begin upgrading your bike select the garage option and tap on the upgrade button.
- There are numerous options to choose from here. Please see the terminology section for a breakdown on each section.
- Tap on an upgrade you wish to purchase to see what changes it will make to your bike.
- Once you purchase an upgrade it will be automatically installed on your bike.
- You will retain your previous purchase though, and can reinstall them at any time.
- Please note that selling your bike will also sell all the upgrades you have purchased.
- Also, if you purchase a new bike you may find the cost of upgrades has increased. So sell and buy bikes carefully.
- You can further customize your bike by painting it. From the garage menu select the paint button to make changes to the color of your bike. Changing your bikes color costs $1000.
- You can also fine tune your bike by selecting the tune button located on the garage menu.
- Here you can play around with your bikes settings. Once you’ve made any changes you can test drive your new setup to see how it works. If you are happy with the changes you can save them for $200.
- You can load previous setups by selecting the load option.
Congratulations! You have completed the quick start guide for Drag Racing: Bike Edition. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.