Collect Cubes does exactly what it says on the tin. You play as a giant horseshoe and have to zoom around a variety of levels collecting all cubes and bringing them back to your base. Doing so makes all cubes the same colour as you, which marks them as collected.
Admittedly, there’s not an awful lot of challenge involved with Collect Cube. It’s a pretty zen experience overall – cleaning up cubes can be quite cathartic. There’s no time limit, rarely any obstacles, and no bad guys to fight.
However, every five or 10 levels or so you do have to tackle a bonus round, which showers you with rewards for collecting a bunch of blocks within a time limit. This is where your skills will be put to the test, as you strive to collect as many as you can in a short period.
To help you, we’ve put together a beginner’s guide to the experience. It won’t turn you into an expert, but it should help nudge you on the path to becoming one.
Collect Cubes Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
In Collect Cubes, you have to gather up all of the coloured cubes in a horseshoe and drag them back to your base. At this point they’ll change colour to the same as your horseshoe, meaning you have successfully collected them.
Collect them all and you’ll complete the level, earning rewards for doing so and moving onto the next. There’s no time limit or extra rewards for doing anything fast whatsoever, so it’s best to look at Collect Cubes as a zen experience when you just want to chill out.
There is one exception though: bonus levels. These crop up every five or 10 levels or so and challenge you to collect as many cubes as you can within a strict time limit. The more cubes you collect, the more rewards you earn. It’s a shame the whole game isn’t like this.
Collect Cubes Bonus Round Tips and Tricks:
There’s very little point in writing tips for the base game, as it’s so easy you could complete each level blindfolded. Instead, we’re going to focus the following tips and tricks on the bonus round, where you actually will need some tips to get the best out of it:
- Swipe to go faster: While you’ll usually just slide your thumb around the screen to move the horseshoe, we recommend swiping to go faster during bonus rounds. Swipe continuously in the direction you want the horseshoe to go and you’ll be surprised at the pace you can pick up.
- Always drag cubes downwards: We’ve had the most success during bonus rounds when we’ve went around the outside of the cubes then dragged them quickly downwards towards our portion of the arena. Doing it this way keeps the cubes relatively bunched, allowing you to go back and collect the rest with ease.
- Aim to collect at least three shapes: During each bonus round, we found that collecting three shapes is about the maximum you can comfortably hope for. We’d say aim to collect all of the cubes in three shapes each time, and if you fall just short you’ve still done well.
- The horseshoe is bigger: Remember that the horseshoe is bigger during bonus rounds, and this is both a blessing and a possible curse. It’s good because it helps you collect more blocks at once, but it’s potentially bad as you can knock aside cubes into difficult to reach locations.
- You can unlock new horseshoes with the gold you earn: When you’ve collected at least 1,000 gold, you can unlock a new horseshoe. Collect 2,500 though and you can collect a special horseshoe. Neither does anything but make the game look that little bit more pretty.