Coin Push Frenzy – Game Introduction
Coin Push Frenzy is an addictive arcade game developed by Freeverse that can be played on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. This modern take on an arcade favorite lets you strategically place coins on one end of a platform and whatever is pushed off of the other end is yours to keep! Push off coins, bonus boxes, and power ups that earn you even more coins, and collectibles which unlock 2 more game cabinets when you have collected the entire set. Gamezebo’s Coin Push Frenzy strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Coin Push Frenzy can be downloaded at the iTunes Store by clicking on the link at the top of this page.
- The application is free and you can purchase additional coins to play the game with or unlock the other 2 games without having to complete collections.
- Coin Push Frenzy is part of the Plus+ Network and if you already have an account simply log in and your user profile and stats will be available by tapping on the Plus+ symbol at the upper right corner of the main menu.
- If you do not have a Plus+ account it is free and connects you with many games for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. All that is asked is that you provide a user name and an email address for confirmation and it only takes a couple of seconds to sign up.
Game Screen Elements
- The image above is marked with the elements you need to be familiar with to play Coin Push Frenzy.
- Each item is described in detail here.
- A. Coin Indicator – This tells you how many coins you have to play the game with. You will begin the game with 50 coins.
- B. Countdown Clock – This clock only appears on the screen if you have less than 50 coins. It will countdown from 30 and you will earn 1 coin for every 30 seconds you are in the game. You will earn 1 coin every 3 minutes when you are out of the game up to 50 coins.
- C. Coin Drop Indicator – Each time you place a coin on the platform to be pushed you will see a dot light up. You can place a maximum of 5 coins at a time on the platform.
- D. Main Menu – Tap here to return to the Main menu.
- E. Collections Menu – Tap here to see all of the Collections and bonuses earned.
- F. Add Coins – If you wish to purchase additional coins to unlock bonuses and game cabinets you can purchase them from the app store by tapping on the popcorn icon.
- G. Coin Placement Area – Tap on this area to place coins that will be pushed out onto the platform every couple of seconds.
- H. Bonus Boxes – Bonus Boxes are critical to do well in the game and contain power up coins or collectibles which can earn you additional coins and unlocks.
- I. Bonus Coins – These are bonus coins which have special icons on them. Each coin has a specific advantage and only works if pushed over the edge of the platform. (See Bonus coins below)
- J. Win Edge – Any box or coin that passes this edge will cause a green flash when it lands and this represents items you have won in the game.
- K. Gutters – Any coins or bonus boxes that fall over the gutters or sides of the platform will cause a red flash when they land. These are items that you do not win.
Game Play Information
- Once you click on “Play” you will see the game platform and note that you can tap on the popcorn icon to purchase additional coins or you can tap on the gift icon to see your progress in the collections or return to the main menu to change game cabinets if you have them unlocked. If you tap on the Plus+ icon you can see the achievements page for Coin Push Frenzy which earn you Plus+ points when you complete them.
- Coin Push is very similar to the arcade versions of the past but with a modern twist that allows you to push off boxes that either contain a collectible item, or an upgrade coin which can fall down at any time to be pushed off the game platform. If it is pushed off the end of the platform the power up will act immediately.
- To push items off of the end of the platform you will be asked to place coins at the opposite end which is pointed out to you when you start the game. You are allowed to place 1 – 5 coins at a time with a maximum of 5 coins.
- Note that your coin total is located at the upper left and if you have less than 50 coins you will see a countdown clock underneath your coin indicator which will count down from 30 and you will earn 1 coin every 30 seconds that you are in the game. Once you complete bonus tasks this time will be reduced in 5 second increments and these changes appear to be permanent.
- A wooden wall pushes out every 2 seconds and you simply touch your fingertip to any area within the cleared area that you wish to place a coin.
- As you place a coin you will see the indicator at the top center of the screen fill up with gold dots. Once they are all lit you must wait for the next push cycle to place more coins.
- If you push a box off of the end of the platform you will be taken to a brief screen which will reveal to you what you have won. If it is a collectible it will be added to the shelf of that collection. Once a collection is completed it will unlock one of the 2 locked games.
- If it is an upgrade/Power up coin this means from this point on this coin could fall on the platform and when pushed off the power up will take effect for a few seconds. (See power ups below)
- You are given 50 coins to start the game.
- There are 3 possible coin denominations available.
- 1 – These coins have a “1” on them and you will begin with only 1 dollar coins.
- 5 – These coins have a “5” on them with a silver face and are only available when you earn them from a power up.
- 10 –These coins are very large and have a crown on them. They are referred to as “King Coins” in the game. These will award you with 10 coins if you push the off the end of the platform.
- Any coins that fall off of the sides of the platform (gutters) are not counted as winnings and you will see a red flash when they land. Items that are pushed off the end of the platform are your winnings and you will see a green flash when they land.
- NOTE – There are 3 game cabinets available and the first one which is unlocked for instant play is the “Jungle Coins” game cabinet, and the other 2 game cabinets known as the “Race Track” and the “Tokyo Monster” are locked.
- The additional game cabinets can only be unlocked once you collect the 6 to 9 items from their specific collection or if you earn or purchase 750 coins and purchase the game cabinet to unlock.
- Note that while you are in the game IF you have less than 50 coins you will earn 1 coin for every 30 seconds you are in the game. This will reduce by 5 seconds once you complete your first shelf in the collections area. (3 items in a row) You will also earn 50 bonus coins whenever you fill a shelf with collectibles.
- When you are out of the game you earn 1 coin every 3 minutes so if you run out of coins you can keep the game open and wait, exit and come back later, or purchase more from the app store by clicking on the popcorn icon at the top left of the screen.
- Bonus boxes are the green boxes that fall onto your pile of coins and they have a “?” on the side.
- Once you push one of these boxes off the end of the platform you have won whatever is inside and you will be immediately taken to a screen where a curtain opens and you will see what you have won.
- You will win either a collectible item which goes into one of five collections or you will win a Special coin that from the point of your discovery will always be in play and could fall onto your stack of coins. If the coin is pushed off the platform its bonus effect will take action for a few seconds.
- If you have won a collectible it will be placed on the shelf and you can view your collections at any time by tapping on the gift icon at the upper right of the game screen. (See Collections below)
- NOTE – As you play you will find many duplicates in the bonus boxes. The numbers underneath the items in the collections menu indicate how many times you have found that item while playing and there may be achievements earned if you collect a specific number of one collectible item in the Plus+ achievement menu.
Power Up Coins/(“Special Collection” Items)
- Power ups are an important part of the game and some of them are very rare.
- Power up coins are unlocked once you find them in the Bonus boxes and once unlocked could fall onto the table at any time.
- They only work for you if they are pushed off the end of the table. Any bonus coin that falls off of the side is lost.
- Power up coins fall frequently and have a little icon on them to show you what they do.
- Listed below are the different kind of power up coins you can find and unlock from the Bonus boxes and what they will do once pushed off the end of the platform.
- Bomb Coins – These coins have a bomb icon on them and cause a blast that rearranges your coins on the platform. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Rather Ancient Telephone” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside of a bonus box.
- King Coin Bonus – These coins have a crown on them and after you push this coin off of the platform a large Coin with a crown on it will drop down on the platform. If you push this coin off the edge you will earn 10 coins. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Elephant Buddy” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside of a bonus box.
- Wall Bonus – This is by far one of the best power ups to push off the platform. You will see a brick wall icon on them and after you push this coin off the platform walls will rise on each edge for several seconds which will block any coins from falling off the sides of the platform and will force more coins to fall off of the edge when pushed. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Well Loved Teddy” Collectible from the “Special Collection” in a bonus box.
- Magic Coin Bonus – This Coin has a magic wand and stars icon on it and when pushed off the edge of the platform changes coin values to higher values. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Magician’s Tall Hat” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside a bonus box.
- Anti-Gravity Bonus – This coin has a rocket ship icon on it and when pushed off the edge of the platform causes several of the coins and boxes to lift up into the air and land in a different location. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Delicious Red Apple” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside of a bonus box.
- Golden Alarm Clock – This is not a coin that falls on your platform but it is a collectible from the “Special Collection” that once found allows your coins to appear 5 seconds faster than they used to appear. This benefit continues throughout the game once you unlock it. This bonus is unlocked when you find the “Golden Alarm Clock” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside of a bonus box.
- Super Satchel – This coin has a money bag icon on it and when pushed off the edge of the platform you will see several coins drop onto the platform at once. This coin is unlocked when you find the “Coin Bag” collectible from the “Special Collection” inside of a bonus box.
- Mountains Snow Globe – This is not a coin that falls on your platform but once you find the “Mountains Snow Globe” from the “Special Collection” it will cause bonus coins to appear more often for the remainder of the game.
- Giant Wrapped Present – This is not a coin that falls on your platform but once you find the “Giant Wrapped Present” from the “Special Collection from a bonus box it will cause bonus boxes to appear more often on your platform for the remainder of the game.
- There are currently 5 Collections available and this could increase in future game upgrades.
- Collections are completed by finding items in bonus boxes.
- If you find a collectible it may also be associated with bonus coin upgrades shown above from the “Special Collection”
- Other collections when completed will earn you bonus coins or unlock a game cabinet.
- Some items are won by collecting a shelf of specific items such as the “Giant Evil Monsters” which when all 3 are collected the Tokyo Monster Machine is unlocked.
- You can purchase any collectible from the “Special Collection” only by going into the collections menu and tapping on the shadowed area of that item. At the bottom of the screen you will see an option to purchase that item for 200 coins if you do not want to wait for it to come along.
- NOTE – The numbers under some of the items in the images represent items that have been found multiple times.
- TIP- The Giant Wrapped Present is the most difficult collectible to find in the bonus boxes so if you decide to purchase one this is highly recommended. Bombs, Rockets, and Anti Gravity coins are very common on the platform.
- NOTE – This is not verified but I suspect you may not be able to find all of the collectibles in bonus boxes from just one game cabinet. You may have to unlock one of them and play there for certain rare items to fall on the platform. Once this is confirmed I will update this guide.
- This collection is the most important in the game as each collectible you find in a bonus box will unlock bonuses in the form of coins the must be pushed off the edge or changes in the game such as coins falling earlier or more of them.
- There are 9 collectibles in this Collection and you can find each one in bonus boxes but it takes a long time and a few of them are very rare.
- If you want you can purchase a collectible from this collection for 200 coins by tapping on the shadowed area on the collection page seen above.
- This Collection has 6 items you must find in bonus boxes of which 3 are race cars and 3 are dinosaur toys.
- Once you collect all 6 of these items you will unlock the “Race Track” Game Cabinet.
- NOTE – You can also purchase the Race Track game cabinet for 750 coins to unlock it if you prefer.
- You can not purchase these collectibles they must be found in bonus boxes.
- This collection has 9 jewelry items you must find in bonus boxes.
- You may not purchase these items and tapping on the shadowed area will not tell you what the item will be.
- Completing the Jewelry collection will give you “More Bling for your Buck!”
- This collection has 9 Items to find in bonus boxes and appears to be the most difficult to complete.
- You can not purchase the figurines and you can only see shadowed outlines until you find them. Tapping on the shadowed areas does not identify the item you need to find.
- Once you find a figurine and it is on the shelf you can tap on it to read more about it.
- It is not known at this time what you will win if you complete this collection but it appears to be a cash prize and unlocks a Plus+ achievement for Plus+ points. This guide will be updated once we know what completing this collection earns you.
- There are 9 sports theme collectibles in this collection which can only be found in bonus boxes.
- You can not purchase these collectibles and tapping on the shadowed areas do not identify the items.
- If you complete this collection the game states, “Hot prizes for the Athletically inclined!” but it is not clear what you will earn for completing this collection. It is most likely a coin bonus and Plus+ achievement points. This guide will be updated once we know what completing this collection earns you.
Purchasing additional Coins
- Tap on the “Add Coins” icon at the upper left of your game screen and you will be taken to the purchase screen shown above.
- Purchasing coins can be valuable if you wish you unlock a game cabinet right away (750 coins each) or if you wish to purchase one of the special collectibles which unlock power up coins into your game. (200 coins each.)
- Make sure you are logged into your iTunes account as the charges are made via the app store.
- Tap on one of the 3 coin amounts available. (The amounts listed below are US Currency)
- 250 Coins – .99 Cents
- 1000 Coins – $3.99
- 6,000 Coins – $13.99
- Once you confirm what you wish to purchase you will be notified if the purchase was successful and the coins should immediately credit to your account.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Coin Push Frenzy for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by Freeverse Inc. Games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!