Beyblade Burst Rivals brings a familiar sight to the ever-growing world of match threes. This time every match you make matters as you’re not going for points, you’re trying to knock over someone else’s Beyblade. How do you become a master Byeblader? Well, these tips should have you spinning in the right direction.
- Know what you’re doing. Although gameplay for Beyblade Burst Rivals is all about matching three or more, this doesn’t mean you should just match any three for the sake of it. Each emblem represents a different ability, whether its direct damage to your opponent or more stamina to keep your Bey spinning longer, every match matters. So if you are trying to outlast an opponent, then making matches of the yellow stamina symbols will help you achieve a victory in this way.
- Spot the difference. Although each fight may look similar, there are subtle differences that if you notice, can help you win a lot easier and quicker. If you find that an opponent has a low amount of stamina, then it would make sense to try and take them on by matching stamina symbols. If you notice the opponent’s Burst bar is rather small, then it would make sense to match the burst symbols and win by knocking out your opponents Bey.
- Know your types of Bey. There are three types of Beyblades, blue means attack-minded, orange means stamina and green means defence-minded. Each Bey is stronger against one type of Bey and vulnerable to another. So the attack-minded Beyblades do particularly well against Beys that are stamina based. Stamina Beys can outlast defensive Beys and attack-minded, certain ones aren’t effective against defensive Beys. I know, very confusing to spell it out, so hopefully the picture below will help you make sense of it.
- Get a Daily Bey Box. Every day you have the chance to open a box which contains a guaranteed three or four-star Bey. This is good as it could mean you are adding a valuable Bey to your squad. Therefore, it’s worth your time to log-in every day and open this box from the shop.
- Sell your crystals. Whenever you win a fight, sell a Beyblade or complete certain challenges you will earn some crystals. If you manage to save up 700 then you can open a Gold Bey Box, which has the chance to award you a five-star Bey. Now the law of averages means not everyone will manage to get a five-star Beyblade from this box, but it would seriously change your game if you did manage to do so. If you want to save your crystals up, there is a box which has a guaranteed five-star Bey in it, but it’ll set you back 12,000 crystals.
- Check your challenges. Beyblade Burst Rivals has three sets of challenges for you to complete; weekly, monthly and daily challenges. Completing these challenges will earn you rewards and if you complete the set you’ll earn another bonus reward. So, keep your eye on these challenges because it’ll give you something to do.
- Upgrade your Beys. Whenever you win a battle the Beys in your squad will gain XP. Once they have amassed enough XP they will be eligible for upgrading. If you can’t wait to gather XP, then you can use crystals to upgrade. Sometimes you’ll unlock a four-star Beyblade that is worse than the ones you are currently using because it’s not been upgraded. Don’t worry, either grind for a little bit to upgrade it or use your crystals to save time.
- Always have a box to open. It’s very likely that while you are opening boxes you’ll find duplicates of the Beyblades you’ve already got. Rarely these duplicates can be a little better, but most the time it’s just something to sell or clog up your inventory. So you should always have a surplus of boxes to open to counteract all the duplicates you’ll get. Remember, any boxes bought from the store can be opened immediately.