Do you prefer playing with a higher field of view? Is the default FOV not cutting it for you? Well, don’t worry! We’ve created an Atomic Heart FOV guide that will cover how to increase your field of view using the Flawless Widescreen application.
Atomic Heart is a brand new action RPG set in a strange world, where a fictional 1955 USSR has had an upgrade. The game focuses on the AI assistants, known as the Kollektiv. Due to a technological nightmare, the robots begin attacking Humans, and you’re tasked with stopping them.
For more information about the game, check out the official Atomic Heart website. If you’re looking for more guides, check out our Atomic Heart Enemies guide, Atomic Heart VSync guide, and our Atomic Heart weapons guide.
Atomic Heart FOV Guide
The developer of Atomic Heart recently revealed that there’s no FOV slider in Atomic Heart. When pressed on the matter, the developer explained that the decision was made due to Atomic Heart naturally having a higher field of view than most singleplayer games.
Despite the valid reasons, lots of PC gamers have been frustrated by the lack of a FOV slider. Thankfully, a work-around has been found! Through the third party application Flawless Widescreen, players have been able to change their FOV on the PC edition of Atomic Heart.
How To Adjust The Field Of View
We’ll now go into detail on how you can adjust the field of view in Atomic Heart. Just follow the simple steps below…
- Go to the Flawless Widescreen website
- Scroll down and select the recommended x64 Installer Package
- Click through the installer – if you only want to install this application for Atomic Heart and nothing else, select “No” when it asks if you want to download all plugins
- Once installation is complete, a list of available plugins will appear towards the left of the page – select Atomic Heart
- Once you’ve installed the Atomic Heart plugin, you’ll find a few different settings that you can adjust – one of them is the FOV – adjust to your preference