Assassin’s Creed Identity puts you in the shoes of an elite member of the Assassin’s Brotherhood, and you’ll have to play it smart if you hope to survive the mean streets of Renaissance Italy. Assassin’s Creed Identity takes the series’ iconic gameplay and translates it to the small screen, and it’s quite a bit more complicated than most mobile games. Gamezebo’s Assassin’s Creed Identity tips, cheats, and strategies will help make you a master assassin and bring the Templar Order to its knees.
Choose a Class
Assassin’s Creed Identity has four classes, three of which are available from the start of the game.
- Berserkers are for people that want to charge in swinging. They have a bonus to health and strength and can pack, and take a wallop. Their special abilities can stun opponents, damage multiple enemies, and use special bombs to bleed your opponents out.
- Tricksters complete their objective by running past opponents, making the kill and running out. Their bonus to evasion will help you get away from guards quicker than other classes. They have the ability to confuse enemies, use disguises, and set time bombs.
- Shadowblades lurk in the darkness or plain sight and kill without anyone even noticing. This classes bonus to stealth will let you blend in right in front of the guard’s noses. Shadowblades can throw knives, pierce armor, and use smoke bombs.
- The Thief class is locked and must be unlocked with Hero Coins (more on that later). Once you unlock it, you’ll gain the ability to pickpocket and blind enemies.
Bring a Friend
Assassin’s Creed Identity includes a social feature called Hirelings. Hirelings can be summoned once a mission to take care of an enemy, but their real usefulness comes from their passive buffs.
- Shadowblade Hirelings raise your critical hit chances.
- Berserker Hirelings raise your health.
- Trickster Hirelings increase the chances of your enemies fleeing a fight.
However, once you use a hireling’s active ability, their passive ability vanishes for the rest of your mission.
Use Your Skills
Combat in Assassin’s Creed Identity is simplified in comparison to the console versions. Most of the dodging and parrying are done automatically based on your stats, so to even the odds you’ll have to use your special skills.
Pulling the skill wheel up from the bottom of the screen allows access to your skills. This lets you pull off moves that can quickly turn the tide of battle and allow you to take on large groups of enemies.
Also, play attention to the meter at the bottom of the screen. It fills a bit each time you land an attack, and once it’s full, you can tap it to execute an instant kill.
Look Before You Leap
The parkour system in Assassin’s Creed Identity is a bit more touchy than its console brethren. To aid you, Ubisoft introduced the Parkour Helper, which is a white line that shows you where you can parkour to, and how you’ll land if you jump off a ledge.
You can also make a jump by tapping where you want to go. Sometimes this is the easiest way to make a jump since it allows for more precision than using the virtual thumbstick.
These side missions aren’t part of the main story, but that doesn’t make them any less relevant for you. These short, direct missions are an excellent way to get extra experience points, level skills, and gain extra coins. After the campaign, you can also start earning Hero Tokens in them.
Hero Tokens are premium currency you must use to purchase new locations, contract mission types, and better character options. It won’t be until after the intro campaign, A Murder of Crows, after which you start earning Hero Tokens. However, once you do, every contract mission completed will earn you some tokens.