The hit mobile tower defense game, EF Defense, has received a major update that introduces a brand new hero to the game, the Death Knight, who inspires fear in all who dare oppose you.
There’s also space for a new system known as ‘Hero Awakening’. Now, when heroes reach five stars, you can ‘Awaken’ them using ‘Pet Fragments’, which strengthens their skills.
Not So Grim
The Death Knight is a pretty terrifying hero who possesses the following four skills:
- Death Blade – Swing the sword to deal 90% of the attack to an enemy, and every 5th successful hit deals 80% of the attack as additional damage
- Rampage of Darkness – Enters into a rampage of 8 seconds, increases Haste of itself by 30% and nearby undead heroes by 20%During rampage, energy does not regen, and cannot be killed even when reaching 0 health (Min. Lv.21)
- Death Knight – On first death, it is revived instantly. Time required for the next revive increases by 20 seconds per revive. The revive timer is not affected by Haste, and it revives with 60% health. If there are no surviving allies on the same floor, the revive does not trigger (Max 5 revives) (Min. Lv.41)
- Death Knight’s Command – At the start of the battle, increases the Accuracy and Evasion of ally Undead & Demon heroes by 20%(Min. Lv.61)
- Dark Legion – When battling in Undead map, every 3 seconds, whenever someone dies, revive it as a skeleton soldier with 60% of original stats, with 70% chance. Every time this ability triggers, DK gains 3% Defense, & Incoming Damage ▼ by 1%. (Max 10 stacks). Max of 10 skeleton soldiers can be on the field, & they disappear 3 seconds later if the DK is slain.
As we can see, the Death Knight is a powerful hero that boosts the power of nearby undead and demon heroes, so is well worth adding to a team made up of ghastly terrors.
The Death Knight also has their own pet, and, of course, it’s the Grim Reaper itself. It’s a cutesy version though, so don’t worry – it won’t give you nightmares.
If you haven’t heard of it before, EF Defense is an endless tower defense game that challenges you to protect the continent of Akaros from invading enemies.
These range from treasure-seeking goblins, parachuting frogs, and terrifying ghosts. Each enemy enters the battlefield differently, so needs a different form of defense to battle them off.
To counter these enemies effectively, you need a wide variety of heroes, and EF Defense doesn’t disappoint. All of the tribes of Akaros have united to defend the continent, which results in a diverse selection of defenders.
Each one has a different skill set, as well as pet, which can not only change your playstyle, but are a joy to watch in practice.
There’s also a variety of game modes to participate in. You’ve got your standard tower defense mode, but there’s also Frontier, which has you flipping the script and attacking enemy bases.
Then there’s the Arena and Grand Arena, both of which see you battle particularly powerful opponents to see who’s the best defender.
Finally, there’s the Tower of Trials, an endless mode that sees you battling through each floor of the tower to see how high you can climb.
EF Defense is available right now on the App Store, along with the Death Knight update. You can also follow all the latest EF Defense news on their official Twitter and Facebook. So go ahead and check it out.