Dusk of Dragons: Survivors has been making waves since it splashed down on mobile at the beginning of September. Developed by Core Games, Dusk of Dragons: Survivors is a huge sandbox survival title with more than 100,000 organic downloads to …
- ...a Clover Retribution tier list that ranks the game’s magical abilities, a Clover Retribution Trait tier list, as well as a Clover Retribution Race tier list. Clover Retribution Magic Guide...
- Wondering how to get Monopoly GO! free rolls? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we provide you with a bunch of tips and tricks to get some free rolls for the hit new mobile game. We’ll …
- A frog, some balls, Shrek, and much more
- Earlier in the week, Mojang launched their Realms service for Minecraft. For $13 a month, Realms allows players to host their own Minecraft server which 20 players can visit and play within. Currently, Realms is only for PC gamers, but Mojang has revealed plans for Realms to come to both Mac and Pocket Edition players in the future.Hosts of a Realm (the subscriber) have complete control over who can join the server as well as the ability to add and remove players from the guest list. Frequent server-wide backups ensure that the host can easily revert the realm back to an earlier state if something goes wrong. Mods and texture packs are not yet supported, but Mojang plans to add them in the coming months.Mojang also revealed plans to have Minecraft on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 by the end of the year."They probably won't be released simultaneously," Mojang's Owen Hill explained to Polygon. "We're going to release on each format as soon as it's ready."
- Late Thursday evening, Markus "Notch" Persson confirmed on his Twitter account that he has been discussing a potential Minecraft film with Warner Brothers."Someone is trying leak the fact that we're working with Warner Brothers on a potential Minecraft Movie," Persson posted. "I wanted to be the leak!"A movie about Minecraft? That'll never work! Well I'm sure plenty of people said the same about a movie based on LEGO, and now Warner Bros. is currently sitting atop $275,000,000 (and climbing) following the The LEGO Movie's release, earlier in the month.Details are still scarce, but Hollywood news and rumors website Deadline managed to confirm that Warner Bros. is putting The Lego Movie producer onboard for the Minecraft movie, and that it will be a live-action feature film.The news about the Warner Brothers deal comes days after Persson announced that Minecraft has surpassed 100 million registered users.Don't want to wait for a Minecraft movie? 2 Player Productions documentary Minecraft: The Story of Mojang is now available for free on YouTube. You can watch the whole thing in its entirety below:
- There are very few other games today that have managed to achieve "cult phenomenon" status as Mojang's Minecraft. The game's been sitting at the very top of the iTunes App Store "Paid Games" chart for as long as I can remember, and gamers have spent hundreds of hours crafting their own unique and blocky sandbox worlds. But despite the game's essential endless nature, sometimes you might be in the mood for some different kinds of crafting or sandbox adventuring.So we decided to compile a list of some other great games that are sure to make the Minecraft fan in all of us feel right at home. Maybe these games might change up that first-person crafting perspective, or maybe they might let you build some blocks on the moon. Either way, they're all decidedly Minecraft, but more importantly, they're all decidedly fun."The total amount of games like Minecraft today is positively staggering, and if I actually tried to write down every single one, then this list would quickly become as endless and infinite as your favorite sandbox-crafting games themselves! So if there are any other particularly good Minecraft-like experiences that we might have left out, be sure to point out your favorites in the comments section below!
- If you haven't been living under a pixelated block these past few years, then chances are good you're familiar with Minecraft. The game has taken the world by storm, and inspired players far and wide to construct massive, elaborate constructions out of humble squares. To that end, the mobile version, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, just surpassed the 10 million sales mark, and Mojang has announced plans to update the game with a flurry of new content.
- Minecraft is by no stretch an offensive game, but the potential for children to wind up playing in a world filled with colossal phalluses or other pieces of R-rated architecture is all too real. Mojang's solution to this problem is Realms, a subscription-based service for PC and mobile where parents can maintain a private, controlled server for their kids and family to play in.
- With Easter right around the corner, it's no surprise that my sweet tooth has already started craving things like chocolate bunnies and Cadbury eggs. One of my favorite Easter treats has always been those sugary marshmallow Peeps, which I tend to eat every year until I get a stomachache, and then just keep on eating more. But this holiday season, we'll see a special new treat that combines two of the most addictive substances known on Earth: Peeps and Minecraft.
- After being announced many moons ago, Minecraft has finally arrived on the eminently programmable Raspberry Pi. But before all you Pi owners get too excited, you should probably know that it costs the extravagant amount of… free!
- We all know Minecraft is big, and not just in the size of the magnificent worlds it lets you create. Minecraft itself has become a part of today's popular culture, and with a regular appearance on the iOS Top 100 charts, this monster of a game had to have pushed some pretty impressive sales numbers in 2012, right? Well now Mojang has decided to let us in on just how impressive those numbers really are.