Dusk of Dragons: Survivors has been making waves since it splashed down on mobile at the beginning of September. Developed by Core Games, Dusk of Dragons: Survivors is a huge sandbox survival title with more than 100,000 organic downloads to …
- ...a Clover Retribution tier list that ranks the game’s magical abilities, a Clover Retribution Trait tier list, as well as a Clover Retribution Race tier list. Clover Retribution Magic Guide...
- Wondering how to get Monopoly GO! free rolls? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we provide you with a bunch of tips and tricks to get some free rolls for the hit new mobile game. We’ll …
- A frog, some balls, Shrek, and much more
Tag: GamesBeat 2012
- Providing players of games with external rewards has become a prosperous business in recent years, and companies Kiip and Raptr have emerged as the frontrunners of the concept. As I learned over the course of a panel featuring Brian Wong (Kiip) and Dennis Fong (Raptr), they tend to approach the model in very different ways.
- As CEO of popular mobile studio ngmoco and director of mobile/social juggernaut DeNA, Neil Young has a solid idea of what it means to release a successful game. But that success hasn't left him feeling complacent, and today he posed a very ambitious question to developers in audience at GamesBeat: "Are there opportunities to redefine what top grossing actually means?"
- When Will Wright - creator of The Sims and SimCity - speaks, it's always a good idea to listen. He's a veteran of the industry, with a keen eye on the trends and trajectory of the medium. His keynote speech at this year's GamesBeat event focused primarily on where he sees gaming headed (spoiler: a very great place), and he kicked it off with a crash course in history.
- As far as Chris Hecker is concerned, we're currently in the "golden age of indie." It was a concept at the heart of this year's indie games panel at GamesBeat, where the Spy Party developer, Team Meat's Tommy Refenes, Braid mastermind Jonathan Blow, and Nicalis founder Tyrone Rodriguez shared a candid discussion of what life is like outside the AAA world.
- When members of the gaming industry gather, there's always a buzz word that wiggles its way into discussions. At GamesBeat 2012, it's "crossover." More specifically, the transition we're seeing with console developers moving to the mobile and social space. It has the potential to make both platforms grow exponentially; something Zynga CEO Mark Pincus expressed a lot of interest in during his keynote fireside chat.