Rummy, one of the oldest card games, has been played since the 18th century. It was initially known as Conquian. Rummy is a pick and discard game where you have to achieve certain goals. The one that completes them first wins the game. Pretty simple.
Indian rummy, a slightly modified version of the original, is played with 13 cards. With the growing popularity of the online gaming industry, Rummy has risen to great heights and
became one of the most played online card games in India. If you have an interest in rummy, now is probably the best time to brush up your skills, and you can do that in the RummyCircle app.
But first, here’s a quick walkthrough on exactly how you play the game:
- India Rummy is a two-to six-player game. Two decks of cards are used for two
players. The game uses three decks when there are more than two participants. At
the start of the game, each player is dealt 13 cards, which they must combine into
valid sequences and/or sets. A sequence or run is defined as successive cards of the
same suit, whereas a set is made when the same card of different suits are put
- It’s a draw and discard game in which each player takes a turn picking a card from
the open pile or the closed deck and discarding it to the open pile. Joker cards are
also used in Indian Rummy. These cards may be used to construct combinations in
place of any other card.
- Each card has its own set of points. Number cards are worth the same amount of
points as their face value. Face cards, such as Jacks, Queens, Kings, and Aces,
each have ten points. The value of a joker is zero. Your point scores diminishes
when you combine your cards. The game is won by the first player to reach 0 points.
There can be many variations of the game too, and here’s a rundown of the three major ones:
- Points Rummy – Games in which the monetary worth of each point is determined at
the start. The person who finishes first receives the prize. This is the simplest and fastest version of Indian Rummy. Points Rummy – it’s easy to understand and play for newbies.
- Deals Rummy – A variant of rummy in which the number of deals is determined
at the start. The game is won by the player who has the most points at the conclusion
of all the transactions. The average number of agreements is two or three. It's akin to playing a certain number of rounds of Points Rummy. As a result, a Deals Rummy game takes longer to complete.
- Pool Rummy – A variant in which the prize pool is formed by participants paying predetermined entry fee. The point limit is determined from the start to 101 or 201 points. Every deal’s winner receives 0 points, and the remaining points are added to their total. When a player’s score surpasses the table’s maximum point limit, they are eliminated. It is Indian Rummy’s longest format. It’s like playing. Points Rummy again and over until everybody but one player has collected the decided points and has to leave the game.
If you’re eager to learn, RummyCircle, a mobile gaming platform, offers practice rummy
games to help you learn the game and hone your skills against other players.
RummyCircle also offers a gamut of rewards and bonuses to keep you motivated. There are several different modes available too. To start with, there are Free Tutorials to understand how the application works and learn how to play.
Then there’s Points Rummy, Deals Rummy, and Pool Rummy. Apart from these, there are also multiple tournaments going on that you can play at any time and win big. If you’re worried about the legality of rummy in India by the way, have no fear – the Supreme Court of India has declared it as a game of skill and to play it is considered a business activity.
Whether you’re planning to win some extra bucks or have fun playing a free rummy card game to spend your time or if you’re already acquainted with rummy and familiar with its know-how, RummyCircle is a fantastic place to experience one of the best card games around.
You can download RummyCircle for free right now on the Google Play Store.