Zynga has finally let the horse out of the stable and launched FrontierVille on Facebook. In the company's latest "Ville" game you'll tame wilderness as a trailblazing pioneer by chopping trees to construct buildings, clearing land to raise livestock, planting crops, and raising a family. Be one of the first to check out FrontierVille here.
- Zynga has recruited veteran Electronic Arts executive Steven Chiang to become the president of the company's game studios. A 17-year videogame industry veteran, Chiang was co-founder of Tiburon Entertainment, which was acquired by EA in 1998. Most recently he was the senior vice president and group general manager for EA Sports where he oversaw the Madden NFL football series.
- The rapidly-growing popularity of social games was acknowledged for the first time at the 2010 Game Developer's Choice Awards with a brand new category for Best New Social/Online Game. Zynga's FarmVille took home the prize, which wasn't terribly surprising given that the farming sim currently boasts more than 83 million monthly users on Facebook -- more than double the numbers of its nearest competitor.While FarmVille's success remains baffling to some people, Gamezebo was interested in finding out more about what makes the most successful game on Facebook tick. Zynga's VP and GM of FarmVille, Bill Mooney, was more than happy to answer our questions.
- Social games juggernaut Zynga just keeps coming with the 'Ville games. While many of us are still getting used to the idea of FishVille (which followed on the heels of FarmVille and YoVille!), the company has already gone ahead and launched a new Facebook sim called PetVille.
- Zynga has launched FarmVille.com, a new web site that integrates with Facebook Connect so that people can play Facebook's most popular game on the standalone portal instead of through Facebook itself.
- Social gaming company Zynga (who you may know as the creators of Mafia Wars, Word Twist and YoVille!, among others) has just announced Scramble Live, a mobile version of its popular word game that allows players to compete live with other users through an iPhone, iPod Touch and Facebook, in real time.