The press surrounding Zynga's acquisition of Draw Something developer OMGPOP hasn't always been the most optimistic. In fact, some have argued Zynga made a huge mistake. That might be true (or it might not be), but we're not here to talk about doom and gloom. Zynga has released an infographic detailing Draw Something's performance in its first year on the market, and it's full of interesting statistics. Care to know how many times Lady Gaga has been drawn? Read on!
- Even the biggest juggernauts can spread themselves too thin. Zynga has followed through on their past announcements of game closures, with six games now shut down entirely, four removed from the App Store, and one being put to pasture on January 14th. Grim as it may sound, this is all being done in an attempt to get the company back on track.
- With the holidays fast approaching, it's high time we put our gaming rivalries aside and work together towards a common cause: improving the lives of the less fortunate. I know, achieving a goal of this stature typically requires a lot of work and time, neither of which are plentiful in the month of December. But Zynga is looking to play middleman and streamline the process with the "Oh, What Fun!" campaign, which enables users to contribute to the Toys for Tots charity by playing select games.
- JetSet Secrets is a Hidden Object game from EA Games. You play as the "World's Greatest Detective" and you are tasked with solving the "Most Glamorous Crimes". You are also tasked with building up your own private island and staffing it with an eclectic group of employees. Gamezebo's quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
- Magic Pets is a creature collection/evolving game. You are a Keeper, and as such can capture and raise the creatures that are scattered across the land. Unlock new and unusual animals, send them into battle and level them up, increase their stats, and unlock new and exciting areas to explore. Gamezeboâ€™s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
- A Bit Lucky, the developer behind Lucky Train and Lucky Space, has been acquired by Zynga. The team is currently at work on Solstice Arena, a multiplayer game set to release on several platforms, and they'll continue development of the game once settled into their new offices at Zynga San Francisco.
- FarmVille 2 is the sequel to the highly popular FarmVille, from Zynga. Plant and harvest crops, craft recipes, tend to your animals, and sell your goods for coins so that you can upgrade your farm. Gamezebo's quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
- Zynga was hard at work last night, launching four new games on their Zynga.com platform and revealing publishing partnerships with nine new studios. The newly-launched games include Sava Transmedia's Rubber Tacos, RocketPlay's Sports Casino, Majesco's Mini Putt Park, and 50 Cubes' Fashion Designer. We'd heard about the partnerships with Majesco, 50 Cubes and Sava Transmedia during the Zynga Unleashed event back in June, but it wasn't until this week that they announced a publishing deal with RocketPlay, formerly known as Gamingo.