Facebook has slowly become a great place to go for free-to-play sports management games. Whether you want to take control of a soccer club, or hop behind the bench of an NFL or MLB team, there are options out there. Now EA Sports is hoping to do the same thing for hockey. NHL Superstars uses a similar set-up to games like FIFA Superstars and World Series Superstars, letting you cobble together a team from existing pro athletes, but the overall package leaves much to be desired. With so little to do and so much time required to unlock content, NHL Superstars will leave hockey fans out in the cold.
- Originally announced all the way back in October at Zynga's Unleashed event, Zynga has finally released some details on the upcoming Zynga Bingo. The Facebook game maintains much of what has made bingo such an enduring game, but spices things up with the addition of power-ups and social features.
- Woodland Heroes' unique take on turn-based strategy and charming world made it one of our favorite Facebook games of 2011, but the developers at Row Sham Bow aren't done yet. Very soon players will get to enjoy a brand new feature in the game, with an upcoming expansion that adds city building to the formula.
- There are plenty of social games that ask you to take care of animals. Sometimes it's as part of a farm, sometimes they're simply pets for you to raise. But most of the time you're not really raising them for any particular reason; there's usually not much of an end goal in mind. And that's part of what makes Derby Days stand out. While much of the gameplay mechanics will be familiar, the process of turning a fledgling racehorse into a champion is very satisfying.
- We've known it was coming since last year, but now we know exactly when Angry Birds will finally descend upon Facebook: Valentine's Day.
- It sounds like a joke. And maybe that's how it started, but it turns out that Margaritaville Online -- a game based on Jimmy Buffett's song and chain of restaurants of the same name -- is also one of the most fully realized and enjoyable games released on Facebook to date. Far from a cheap cash in, Margaritaville Online gives you a large world to explore, plentiful and varied mini-games to play, and arguably the most impressive visuals on the platform. It's almost unbelievable just how much you'll enjoy wasting away in this virtual paradise.
- If games are to be believed, pet hotels are a booming business. And the more elaborate the hotel, the better. Following in the footsteps of games like Tap Pet Hotel, Zynga's Dream PetHouse lets you build up a massive, kind of crazy hotel for animals. Difference is, it's not just any other hotel -- it's in a tree.
- Playfish has revealed a number of interesting statistics about players of The Sims Social, and and one thing is clear: the only thing players like more than telling dirty jokes is making woohoo.