You probably think you don't need another match-3 game, and you're probably right. But that doesn't mean they'll stop coming any time soon. And while Jewels of the Amazon shares quite a bit with its predecessors -- from the basic gameplay all the way up to power-ups -- it also adds some fun twists and a great adventure premise. It's far from original, but it's a solid time waster for puzzle fans.
- Harmonix, the game studio best known for creating both the Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises, might just be bringing its music game talents to Facebook.
- Thanks to the Pokemon series, catching and battling monsters has become its very own genre. A number of titles have already attempted to take that same magic and transport it to mobile and social platforms, but the developers at Red Seraphim are attempting to do something a bit different. Not only will the upcoming Kymera Keeper feature more in-depth gameplay, it will also be available across a range of platforms.
- NASA may not be sending astronauts into outer space any time soon, but the space agency is still exploring a new frontier: Facebook gaming.
- Zynga Bingo may still be in closed beta, but that hasn't stopped Buffalo Studios from claiming that the game is a copy of Bingo Blitz.
- Another week has come and gone, and you know what that means: lots of news! A whole lot happened this week in gaming and you'd be forgiven if you missed a few things amidst all of the reviews, previews, and guides we publish each and every day. But Gamezebo's here to help, and so here's every bit of news we covered this past week, for your convenience.
- Like most civilization building strategy games, 8Realms tasks you with taking a tiny settlement and growing it into a thriving empire. You'll train troops, gather resources, and build your population. And as a web-based social game, you can also interact with other players. So what makes 8Realms different? You can play it on any device with a web browser.
- Social strategy game developer Kabam has announced it has acquired Fearless Studios.