Black Desert Mobile actually features controller support, despite the game not mentioning it anywhere. There’s no setting for it in the menu, no mention of it on the mobile stores – nothing.
In this guide, we’re going to explain exactly how to enable controller support and what you can expect from it. If it’s something else you’re looking for, check out everything else we’ve written about Black Desert Mobile below:
- Black Desert Mobile Review: Barren Wasteland
- Black Desert Mobile Beginner’s Guide: Where to Start in This Huge New MMORPG
- Black Desert Mobile Classes Explained: Which Class Should You Pick?
- Black Desert Mobile Family Name Explained: What’s a Family Name and How do They Work?
- Black Desert Mobile Auto Combat Explained: How to Auto Attack Enemies
Black Desert Mobile Controller Support
How do I Enable Controller Support?
You don’t actually have to do anything special to enable controller support. Simply connect an Xbox One, PS4, or MFi controller to your phone using Bluetooth or whatever other weird method you use and boot up Black Desert Mobile. Log in and you should be able to use a controller right away.
If it doesn’t work, simply close the app and boot it up again.
What Can I do With a Controller in Black Desert Mobile?
Well, this is the bad news: it’s pretty much entirely limited to combat and movement. That means you’ll need your phone or tablet near you to play the game. None of the menus work and you can’t interact with NPCs, mount your horse, heal, or gather using a controller.
However, fighting with a controller is a lot easier than using touch controls, so it’s worth using one if you have one handy.