Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos is a brand new entry in the long-running Heroes of Might & Magic franchise. It’s supposed to be a somewhat remake of Heroes of Might & Magic III but it doesn’t really resemble that classic very much. You can learn more about how we feel about this new strategy game by checking out our review.
However, if you have decided that this is the game for you – whether you love gacha RPGs or Might & Magic Heroes – then you’ve come to the right place. Regardless of how we feel about the game we’ve played a bunch to bring you these following tips and tricks that should help you get to grips with it.
Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos – How it Works:
If you’ve played a gacha RPG before, you’ll know exactly what to expect from Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos. It’s a pretty standard example of the genre despite Ubisoft’s claims it’s somewhat a remake of Heroes of Might & Magic III.
Here’s how it works: you’ll battle your way across a single player campaign that’s made up of a series of levels across numerous different campaigns. As is typical of the genre, you’ll work your way across a road full of different levels with three stars for each up for grabs.
How do you get three stars? You perform well in battle and complete challenges. Generally these involve keeping your units alive, completing the battles within a time limit, and stuff like that.
Before you head into battle you’ll pick a formation to place your units in. Rather than throw a team of heroes into turn-based battles as is typical of the genre, you instead send units – which are made up of a bunch of soldiers of the same class, like archer and monk – into a specific formation.
The idea is you glance at your enemy’s formation and aim to exploit it. You’ll place your archers on the backline, your melee soldiers on the front, and healers and spellcasters in the middle. You’ll also have specialist units that will charge rear enemies and the like, and these can win you the game if you know what you’re doing.
Once you’ve selected your formation you’ll head on out into battle. Your units will charge the enemy, and they’ll duke it out until one team is routed. The only thing you can do to sway the battle in your favour is to cast spells, which you’ll unlock the further you get into the game. These can deal AoE damage to your enemy, increase the attack of your units, and more.
If you win, you’ll get some resources, gold, and experience and be thrown back into the main menu to do it all over again. Before you do that though, we recommend that you upgrade your units. You can do this in two different ways: increase their levels using experience potions (their levels can’t surpass yours) and equip them with gear.
Once all of their gear slots are filled, you can increase their gear level, allowing you to find better gear to equip them with. To get this, you’ll need to grind out previous levels to earn gear and gold, which you spend on upgrading your gear level.
Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos Tips and Tricks:
Now that you understand the basics, here’s a few tips and tricks to help you master the experience:
- Adapt your formation for the battle ahead: Each battle is different, with a variety of units placed in different formations. You’ll want to adapt your approach for each level, so your units will attack those they’re strong against.
- Level up your heroes: Each time you level up, we recommend levelling up your heroes. They can’t surpass your level though, so it’s worth bearing that in mind.
- Grind for new gear: You can repeat previous levels to collect new gear for your characters, and increase their gear level. We recommend doing this if you ever struggle, as it will drastically improve your statistics.
- Use spells in battle to sway the tide: You’ll unlock new spells as you progress that you can cast in battle to help sway the tide. You’ll need to charge your mana before casting them but it’s well worth doing so at every opportunity.
- Collect gold and other resources as you explore the world: As you explore the world, you’ll come across gold mines and the like that will allow you to collect valuable resources for levelling up.