Updated With Tour Challenges 2!
Mario Kart Tour’s Winter Tour provides a fresh series of new challenges to beat in exchange for Grand Stars. We’re going to list them all right here, including Tour Challenges 1, Tour Challenges 2, and Gold Challenges.
Looking for more Mario Kart Tour content? Check out everything else we’ve written in our Complete Guide.
Mario Kart Tour Winter Tour Challenges List:
Tour Challenges 2
- Get 1st place 3 times in a row in races 100cc or above: Play on 100cc until you’ve completed this challenge to make it easier.
- Land 10 hits with Green Shells: Play as Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, Iggy, or Lakitu with a Green Shell Plus Glider to make this challenge easier.
- Do 100 Jump Boosts: Repeating Do Jump Boosts in the Metal Mario Cup a few times will make short work of this challenge.
- Ride on air currents 5 times: Glider Challenge in the Lakitu Cup will make short work of this challenge.
- Earn a score of 7,000 or higher using a driver with a hat: Play with a driver with a hat on their favoured course. Drivers with hats include:
- Baby Mario
- Baby Luigi
- Diddy Kong
- Metal Mario
- Mario (Musician)
- Rosalina (Halloween)
- Peach (Vacation)
- Mario (Santa)
- Shy Guy (Pastry Chef)
- Get a Fantastic combo a total of 10 times: A Fantastic combo involves chaining at least nine different actions together. It should be fairly easy to beat this in the background.
- Take out 5 goats: Daisy Hills is full of goats. You can take them out by driving into them or using an item against them.
- Land 5 hits with Bananas in a single race: Use Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, or Morton with a glider with the Banana Plus Special Skill to make this challenge a lot easier.
- Earn a score of 8,000 or higher using a driver with 3 hairs: Use one of the following drivers on their favoured course to make this easier. Drivers with 3 hairs include:
Tour Challenges 1
- Land 3 hits with Red Shells: Can be completed over numerous races. Use a Glider with Red Shell Plus to complete this faster.
- Land 5 hits with Bananas: Can be completed over numerous races. Use a Driver with the Giant Banana Special Skill and a Glider with Banana Plus to complete this faster.
- Do 150 Mini-Turbo boosts: Can be completed over numerous races. Just work on this over time, performing Mini-Boosts wherever possible.
- Finish a race by crashing over the finish line a total of 3 times: This is tricky to pull off. We recommend using up all of your items as you approach the finish line and drift to the side to slightly slow yourself down. Hopefully something will hit you.
- Take out 5 snowpeople: Can be completed over numerous races. Snowpeople can be found on the new DK Pass course. Simply drive into them or use an item to take them out.
- Land 3 hits with Bob-ombs in a single race: Use a Driver with Double Bob-ombs or Bob-omb Cannon and a Glider with Bob-omb Plus to make this challenge easier.
- Land 5 hits with fireballs: Can be completed over numerous races. Use Mario, Luigi, or Mario (Santa) on a favoured course to make this easier.
- Take out 3 pipes in a single race: Play on Mario Circuit 1 as Bowser, Dry Bowser, or Bowser Jr. and a Glider with the Mega Mushroom Plus Special Skill. Use Mega Mushroom and Bowser’s Shell to take out pipes.
- Do 3 Slipstream boosts in a single race: This might be easier on 50cc. Simply get behind a racer (preferably one without an item) and wait until you get the boost. Then, slow yourself down by driving into the wall and repeat. It should be easy enough to get three on a longer course like Yoshi’s Circuit on 50cc.
- Get 1st place in a 200cc race 3 times: Play on 200cc until you’ve completed this challenge.
- Land 3 hits with Boomerangs: Play as Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, or Larry on their favoured courses and this should be a breeze.
- Do a total of 5 Slipstream boosts: This is a challenge you can complete in the background. See our tips on “3 Slipstream boosts in a single race” from Tour Challenges 1 for further help.
- Cause opponents to crash 10 times using a Mega Mushroom: Can be completed over numerous races. Use a glider with Mega Mushroom Plus to make this easier.
- Activate Frenzy mode 10 times: Play with drivers on their favoured courses to get a chance at activating Frenzy mode, which happens when you get three of the same item. Using levelled up drivers increases your chance of getting a Frenzy.
- Land 3 hits with Green Shells in a single race: Play as Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, Iggy, or Lakitu and use a glider with the Green Shell Plus Special Skill on a longer course like Koopa Troopa Beach or Yoshi’s Circuit to make this easier.
- Cause opponents to crash 10 times in a single race using a driver wearing short sleeves: Use a driver in short sleeves on their favoured course with a glider with a Special Skill that helps you get items that make drivers crash. Short-sleeved drivers include:
- Baby Peach
- Baby Daisy
- Baby Rosalina
- Peach (Vacation)
- Do 5 Ultra Mini-Turbo boosts in a single race: Play on 50cc and race on longer tracks like Koopa Troopa Beach or Yoshi’s Circuit and perform Ultra Mini-Turbo boost after Ultra Mini-Turbo boost. Don’t worry about winning and use manual drift to make this easier.
- Earn a score of 8,000 or higher using a driver with horns: Play as a driver with horns on their favoured course to hopefully get a Frenzy or two to make this easier. Drivers with horns include:
- Bowser Jr.
- Dry Bowser