Battle Breakers is a brand new gacha RPG by Fortnite developer Epic Games. It’s a pretty standard example of the genre, with you collecting from hundreds of different heroes before heading out into battle against various different monsters.
Battling is automatic, with the main action consisting of breaking a bunch of blocks to uncover treasures and enemies, which your heroes will subsequently destroy in an explosion of colour. The usual elemental strengths and weaknesses make an appearance too, as does hero star ratings.
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through the Battle Breakers experience to help familiarise you with it. We’ll explain how it works before providing a few tips and tricks to help you get used to it.
Battle Breakers Guide – How it Works:
If you’ve played a gacha RPG before, Battle Breakers will be pretty familiar. You summon heroes, create a party out of your most powerful options, and head out into a variety of levels, watching your heroes fight automatically.
The same goes for Battle Breakers. You’ll start with a single hero and battle your way through a variety of levels, receiving a bunch of rewards, including hammers, which you can use to unlock new heroes.
As you progress, you’ll unlock new heroes that you can add to your team. We recommend choosing the heroes that have the highest star counts, and placing melee units in the frontline and magic or ranged characters in the backline.
Battles take place automatically, unless you choose to fight manually. Either way, they consist of you breaking gems, which occasionally house treasure or enemies. Each enemy has a particular elemental affinity, and using a hero that has an elemental strength over that enemy will destroy them faster.
You’ll also unlock buildings, which have a variety of different effects from increasing your hero’s level cap to increasing your storage space and even providing you with free stuff regularly.
Lastly, there’s a variety of special quests and events that you can participate in for extra rewards. Just click on everything to see what it does and you should be fine.
Battle Breakers Tips and Tricks:
Now that you understand the basics, let’s take a look at some tips and tricks:
- Use your most powerful heroes: Each hero has a star rating, which details how powerful they are. One star heroes are the weakest, while six star heroes are the most powerful. Use the heroes with the highest stars available to you.
- Pay attention to formation: Melee characters are best placed in your frontline, while weaker ranged and magic users are best placed in the backline. You can tweak this at any point by checking your team setup.
- Build everything: Whenever you unlock a new building, build it. Then use its benefits. Collect your free rewards as often as they’re available, level up heroes to their new level cap – whatever the building allows, do it.
- Unlock new heroes as often as you can: Whenever you get your hands on a hammer, use it to break a crystal and get a new hero. It might just help you create a more balanced or more powerful team.
- Participate in special events: Special events can provide you with rare rewards. Participate them as often as possible to get more heroes, resources, and more. Heck, you might even have a bit more fun.