Call of Duty Mobile Snipers Only mode is a brand new mode in Activision’s touchscreen shooter that does exactly what it says on the tin. You can only use Sniper Rifles and scorestreaks as you work as a team to get more kills than the opposition.
Call of Duty Mobile is the gift that keeps on giving, regularly showering us with new challenges, rewards, and, most importantly, new modes. Snipers Only mode is the latest of these, following on from Gun Game and Free For All.
In this guide, we’re going to teach you the basics of Snipers Only mode, including how to play it, what it entails, and a few tips and tricks to help you master it.
If you’re looking for more Call of Duty Mobile content, check out our Complete Guide, which includes links to everything we’ve written up to this point.
Call of Duty Mobile Snipers Only Mode – How do I Play it?
If you’ve played a limited time mode in Call of Duty Mobile before, you should know how to play Snipers Only. If not, follow the simple steps below:
- On the main menu, hit ‘Multiplayer’
- Tap on the mode selector on the bottom right of the screen
- Choose ‘Featured’
- Select ‘Snipers Only’
Now, simply hit start as you normally would when playing a multiplayer game, and you’ll be in Snipers Only before you know it.
What is Snipers Only?
Snipers Only is a brand new limited time mode in Call of Duty Mobile that will only last for a week. It does what it says on the tin, preventing you from using any weapons that aren’t Sniper Rifles.
There’s no need to set up a new custom profile though. When you kick off Snipers Only, you’ll be able to choose from any of your currently unlocked Sniper Rifles.
Aside from the weapon restrictions, this acts like a standard version of Team Deathmatch. You and your teammates have to try and kill the enemy more times than they kill you before one team hits the score threshold of 40.
Scorestreaks function as usual though, so if you do manage to get a few kills in a row, you can help support your team as usual.
Snipers Only Tips and Tricks:
- Finding cover is more important than ever: The best Sniper Rifles are capable of killing you in one shot, so you’ll want to have as little of your body out as possible when going in for the kill. We recommend finding a good spot that provides cover, even if it requires crouching or prone. It really pays in this mode.
- Choose the DL Q33: The DL Q33 is by far the best option out of the two available Sniper Rifles. It kills in a single shot, unlike the Arctic .50, so is a far more reliable killing machine. It has less margin for error though, so you’re going to have to aim true.
- Use advanced mode control scheme: The advanced mode control scheme can really help your aim though. While we prefer simple for the other modes, advanced lets you fire off a shot a lot faster, which is important when most kills are one shot in Snipers Only.
- Try and flank your enemies: The majority of your team and the opposition will tend to stay in the same spot, taking shots at each other. This leaves you open to flank around and get a few kills before the enemy spots you.
- Bring scorestreaks that get you extra kills: UAV, counter-UAV, and the like are pretty useless scorestreaks here. You’ll want to bring exclusively scorestreaks that will get you kills, like Hunter Killer Drone, Sentry Gun, and Predator Missile. They’re far more useful here.