Our Mario Kart Tour Coin Rush guide will help you locate the secret mini-game in Nintendo’s mobile kart racer. Coin Rush does exactly what it says on the tin, showering you with gold coins that you can spend in the shop on your favourite drivers, karts, and gliders.
It costs rubies – the premium currency – or a Coin Rush ticket to play, with five rubies doubling your coins, 15 giving you six times the number of coins, and 25 giving you 10 times. A typical game of Coin Rush will give you over 300 coins, so a 10x multiplier should give you enough coins to afford a gold character in the shop.
In this guide, we’re going to help you figure out how to play Coin Rush then give you a bunch of tips and tricks on how to make the most out of it.
If you’re looking for more Mario Kart Tour content, please check out everything else we’ve written below:
- Mario Kart Tour Review: The Best Nintendo Mobile Game Yet?
- Mario Kart Tour Guide: Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
- Mario Kart Tour Tier List: The Best Drivers in Nintendo’s Mobile Kart Racer on iPhone and Android
- Mario Kart Tour Karts Tier List: The Best and Worst Karts in Nintendo’s Mobile Racer on iPhone and Android
- Mario Kart Tour Gliders Tier List: The Best and Worst Gliders in Nintendo’s Latest Kart Racer on iPhone and Android
How to Play Coin Rush in Mario Kart Tour:
Coin Rush is somewhat hidden in Mario Kart Tour. To access this mini-game, press the + button just next to your total coins found at the top of the screen. This will bring you to the Coin Rush screen.
Next select the number of rubies you wish to spend to enter, or expend a Coin Rush ticket. This will bring you to the mini-game itself, which simply challenges you to drive around the New York Minute track, picking up coins as you play.
Mario Kart Tour – Coin Rush Tips and Tricks:
Coin Rush isn’t a very complicated mini-game. You play as Gold Mario, and simply have to drive around the New York Minute track collecting coins as you go.
Gold Mario has a talent for collecting gold though, and absorbs all coins you pass automatically. That means you don’t really have to physically touch the coins to collect them.
Here’s a few tips and tricks to help you maximise your earnings:
- Use the simple mode controls: Simple mode is the best control scheme for Coin Rush in Mario Kart Tour. You don’t need to pull off any fancy drifts or anything – this is all about accuracy. So swallow your pride and stick simple mode on just for this race.
- Stick to the centre of the track: You’ll want to stay close to the centre of the track to collect as many coins as possible. We’re not entirely sure how much range Gold Mario has when collecting coins but we found staying close to the centre bagged the best results.
- If you really need a specific character, save your rubies and play the x10 mode to get your 3,000 coins to unlock them when they’re in the store: If you really need or want a specific character in Mario Kart Tour, we strongly recommend saving your Coin Rush ticket or rubies to play this mode when that character arrives in the shop. Silver characters should only require a 15 ruby investment, while gold characters will require a 25 ruby investment. That’s still cheaper than a 10 pull of the pipe, and guarantees you the character.