Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE is a brand new gacha RPG that takes place in the same universe as the hit manga series. It takes place during the events of the story and sees you create your own team out of your favourite characters, including Kenshiro, Ryuken, Bat, and more.
You’ll then send them out into a bunch of action-packed turn-based battles. We say action-packed, as you’re not just watching the action unfold. You’ll tap to trigger combos, swipe to unleash special attacks, and more. It really makes you feel like you’re part of the action.
In this guide, we’re going to help introduce you to this awesome new gacha RPG. We’ll teach you how it works before moving onto some more specific tips and tricks to help you master it.
Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE is a pretty standard gacha RPG in terms of its core loop. So if you’ve played one before, you’ll know what to expect.
You’ll get a couple of characters initially, and can form your own team out of them. You’ll then send them out into a series of turn-based battles against recognisable enemies from the series.
Beat campaign levels and you’ll earn gems and cash that you can spend on summoning new heroes gacha-style. This functions the same way as any other gacha, with you summoning either a single hero or 10 at once.
You’ll pull heroes and various resources that you can use to upgrade your characters. You can boost their levels, upgrade their skills, and increase their rarity.
In terms of the battling system, it’s totally not standard. While you can just pop on autoplay and fast forward the time like usual, you’ll lose out on a lot of the fun. You can tap the screen at key moments to increase your damage and swipe to unleash special skills when they’ve charged.
You can get through easier levels by just auto-battling but if you start to struggle, it’s best to utilise the full extent of the combo system. Fortunately, it’s not overly complicated but it does reward solid timing.
Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE Tips and Tricks:
Now that you understand the basics, let’s take a look at some more focused tips and tricks for Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE:
- Unleash combos: Combos will seriously boost your power in combat, so we recommend using them as often as possible. You’ll see a charging reticle each time your her is about to attack, and all you have to do is tap when the reticle reaches the end. Chain these together to unleash the maximum damage.
- Choose your best heroes: Choose the most powerful heroes and place them into your team, with those with the most defensive stats at the front to protect the weaker heroes at the back.
- Only upgrade them: Upgrade resources are scarce, so we recommend you save them for only the heroes you plan on using. It might take you some time to decide which heroes you like the most, so it might be worth saving the resources at the beginning until you’ve decided. The early battles are pretty easy.
- Repeat missions to upgrade the ones you want: Once you’ve decided on your favourite heroes, repeat the missions that provide you with the upgrade materials you need and repeat them.
- Always summon 10: Summoning 10 heroes at once typically saves you cash or provides you with a guaranteed strong pull. We’d always recommend pooling your resources to pull 10 at once.