Farm Punks is a crazy new game by Noodlecake that challenges you to fire a wide variety of fruit down a mountain, performing tricks on the way to the market. The more tricks you perform, the more money you earn when you get there.
You’ll then spend that cash on a variety of upgrades, including new trees, vehicles, cannon, and fruit upgrades. As you upgrade everything, you’ll earn more cash from your fruit, allowing you to upgrade even more.
The ultimate goal is to try and build the most successful fruit farm you can, and we’re here to help you achieve just that. We’ll walk you through how Farm Punks works before providing a bunch of tips and tricks to help you master it.
Farm Punks Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
So here’s how Farm Punks works. You visit your fruit tree in your farm, which is located at the highest point on the main menu. Tap the tree icon and you’ll be taken direct to your tree.
At this point, simply swipe down on the tree to pluck any ripe fruit off it. If you don’t have any ripe fruit, you’ll have to wait. There’ll be a handy timer that details how long you have to wait.
When you’ve plucked your fruit, you’ll fire it down the mountain, initiating a gameplay segment. During this section, you control the fruit as it plummets down the mountain.
The controls are simple: you can swipe in any direction to move that way and tap and hold to jump. Your goal is to pull off as many stunts as possible as you make your way down the mountain, using the various resources you find along the way.
You can jump off ramps, gain speed by hitting boosters, ride vehicles, and more. You’ll also want to swipe forward most of the time to gather as much speed as possible, and hop to limit the amount of damage you take.
Whenever you touch the ground, your fruit will take damage. If its health bar, which is at the top of the screen, reaches zero, the fruit is worthless. You’ll need to manage this health as you travel to market.
Fortunately, there are a bunch of different points on the mountain where you can sell your fruit. If you reach one and you have plenty of health left, you might want to wait for the next one to pull off a few more tricks and maximise your earnings.
Either way, when you eventually sell you’ll earn cash. You can then spend that cash on tree and fruit upgrades, new vehicles, cannon upgrades, and more. This is the core loop of Farm Punks.
Farm Punks Tips and Tricks:
Now that you understand the basics of Farm Punks, here’s a few more focused tips and tricks to help you master the experience:
- Maintain as much air as possible: Whenever your fruit touches an object, be it the floor or a wall, you’ll take damage. While in the air, you don’t take any damage at all so it makes sense to try and maintain as much air as possible. Hop, jump off ramps, and do anything it takes to stay in the air.
- Use all boosters: Whenever you see a ramp, speed booster, vehicle, or anything else, make sure to use it. These will drastically speed up how long you can survive for, which, in turn, grants you more cash.
- Keep an eye on your health bar: Your health bar is located at the top of the screen, and it’s vital that you keep an eye on it. If it reaches zero, your fruit is basically worth it, so you’ll want to balance selling fruit too early or too late.
- Spend your cash on new trees before upgrades: Whenever you earn cash from a run, we recommend saving it up for the next most expensive tree, rather than spending it on upgrades. Chances are, by the time you’ve flung a couple of pieces of fruit down the mountain you’ll be able to afford the next tree, making upgrades redundant.
- Upgrade your cannon before anything else: As you progress, you’ll collect cogs that you can spend on various different upgrades around the farm. We recommend prioritising cannon upgrades before anything else, as this will have a serious impact on how much cash you can earn.