Dungeon Tales is a neat roguelike CCG with RPG gameplay. To put it in layman’s terms, Dungeon Tales is an RPG where your moves are based on what cards you deal.
Tips, Cheats and Strategies
- Every life matters. When you play a game of Dungeon Tales, you are trying to get as far in the dungeon as you can. When your go is over (you died), that is the end of the tale for this playthrough. When you respawn, you will have to start in Act One, meaning you play from the beginning.
- It’s roguelike. The layout of each act will change every single time you die, which gives you new routes and events to encounter. Before you choose your starting point, make sure it is one that isn’t too heavy on the boss front.
- Armour is everything. If you walk around this dungeon without constantly applying fresh armour, then you will never make it far. Not getting hit is the only way to make progress in Dungeon Tales. Getting health back is rare and you will often never get back to full health ever again.
- Attack or defence? The temptation is always to throw as many blows as you can at an enemy whenever you can. In Dungeon Tales you need to weigh up your moves before you do them. If you can deal 5 damage and the enemy has 4 health, then do it. Otherwise, think about defending yourself from the enemies’ attack.
- Learn your deck. It is vital for your prolonged survival that you understand what a card does, so you can use it effectively. There are many situations where a card can change the battle, as long as you understand when to play this card.
- Play cards in the right order. It’s easy to get carried away and start playing cards without thinking, but you must control yourself. There are cards that if played in the right order can change the game. For example, if you have a card that gives you defence every time you attack, use this card before making any other moves.
- Chose your deck wisely. When grabbing a new card, read and think about how you can use it to your advantage. Taking a card that rewards you for self-inflicted damage is only useful if you have already selected these cards in the first place. Otherwise, you are far better off grabbing something else.
- Check out the achievements. Dungeon Tales has a ton of useful rewards for players that like to glance at the achievement sections. Each reward is a unique card that you are missing out on!
Dungeon Tales is awesome for replayability, the longer you survive the more rewards you get and the stronger you become. This makes clearing Act One easier every time you get back there.
If you want to try out Dungeon Tales, then you can download it from the App Store.