So you think you’re pretty good at beer pong? Well, why not put it to the test in Be a Pong, a brand new mobile game that takes beer pong to the next level. You have to solve a bunch of beer pong-related puzzles by bouncing a ball off, under, and over a series of surfaces and into a beer mug.
If you’re worried that you’re not quite at the expert level for this, don’t. We’re here to help you with a bunch of tips and tricks to help you get there. We just can’t help you with the inevitable hangover that follows a game of beer pong. You’re on your own there.
Be a Pong Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
Be a Pong works the exact same way that beer pong in real life works. You’ve got a ball and you have to throw it into a cup of beer. If it lands inside it, you win.
Mechanically, you tap and hold on the screen with your thumb to aim. You’ll see a little reticle pop up that details where the ball will go. When you’re happy with your aim, simply release the reticle to throw it at the cup. If you’re successful, the ball will land in the cup and you’ll move onto the next level.
However, there’s more to it than just getting the ball inside the cup – you have to do so with as few balls as possible. If you glance at the top of the screen, you should see a bunch of balls – this details how many attempts you have to complete the level.
Your aim is to get three stars, which usually involves getting the ball in the cup on your first attempt. If you look at the balls at the top of the level, you should see at least one coloured in gold. This details how many mistakes you can make before you fail. If there are two coloured balls, you can fail once. If there’s just one coloured ball, you can’t fail.
Most levels don’t simply have a ball and a cup though. You’ll have to contend with a bunch of different obstacles, like walls and bottles. Fortunately, you can pull off a variety of trick shots to bypass them. You can bounce your ball off the wall or arc it over, for example.
Be a Pong Tips and Tricks:
Now that you understand the basics, you can take a look at our tips and tricks below to help you refine your game:
- Take the easiest route: Don’t overcomplicate it. If you can throw the ball directly into the cup without complication, do so. While it’s nice to pull off trick shots, you don’t get anything for them. You will lose out on stars if you miss the cup though.
- Aim for three stars: Always aim for three stars where possible, as that offers the maximum amount of rewards in each level.
- Collect all gems: Occasionally, you’ll come across games during a level that you can collect. Do so – we presume they’re important.
- You can use a ball to clear a path: If there’s a bottle or other obstacle in the way of the cup and you have a ball to spare, just use it to clear the obstacle. This is particularly good advice during levels where you’re allowed a mistake or two and can still get three stars.
- You can knock a failure ball into the cup: As long as a ball lands in the cup, it doesn’t really matter which one it is. We’ve knocked previous failure balls into the cup to win the level. Just do whatever’s easiest.