OnPipe is a very soothing and addictive new action game that challenges you to collect kernels of corn in a cup and sell it to digital people. It might not sound that interesting but just you wait until you knock some corn off that pipe. It’s ridiculously satisfying.
In this guide, we’re going to give you a bunch of tips and tricks to help you make the most out of this satisfying arcade game. You won’t turn into a professional, errr, corn popper? Corn collector? We don’t know what the term is. You won’t be that but you’ll be pretty close.
OnPipe Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
OnPipe isn’t particularly complicated. In fact, it doesn’t even include a tutorial. There’s one control mechanic: tap and hold on the screen to tighten a rubber band around a pipe. Why are you doing that? To cut corn off the pipe so you can collect it in a cup.
However, you can’t just hold the rubber band down permanently. If the band comes into contact with any coloured section of pipe, it’s game over. Also, if you hold your band onto the pipe when you’re about to hit a rise, it’s game over.
Simply avoiding the game over screen is only a part of the challenge though. Ideally, you’re going to want to collect every single kernel of corn. Not only will that provide you with the highest score – you get a multiplier boost each time you collect every piece of corn in a section, up to a possible 5x multiplier – but you’ll fill your cup of corn faster.
Why is that important? Well, you only get your reward when the cup is full. That typically takes about three levels of collecting every single piece of corn. Fill a cup and you can sell it for cash that you can spend on corn and band cosmetics – yes, you heard that correctly.
OnPipe Tips and Tricks:
- If you’re not collecting corn, lift the rubber band off the pipe: Don’t mess around – if you’re not collecting corn, lift that band off the pipe. Chances are you’ll just hit that game over screen before you next hit some corn.
- Collect every single piece of corn: Don’t miss any corn, as not only will it take you longer to fill your cup and get your rewards but you’ll also miss out on that multiplier, so you won’t get as high a score.
- Keep that multiplier high: Speaking of score, you want to keep your multiplier as high as possible to ensure you get a high score, and you do that by following our advice in the previous bullet.
- Spend your coins on corn and slicer cosmetics: When you’ve collected a certain amount of gold, you can spend it on new cosmetics for your corn and slicer. There’s nothing else to spend it on so go for it.
- Choose the opportune moment to start: Don’t start a level in the middle of a corn section as it’ll set you back. Instead, wait for an easy section of corn to come up and press and hold then to start the level, collecting it all.