Origame is a brand new Ketchapp experience that challenges you to fold paper into a wide variety of different shapes. You’ll get a nice slab of paper and some dotted lines. You have to fold along these lines to turn that paper into the shape detailed.
Folding the paper into a vaguely similar shape isn’t particularly challenging, but if you want to get your hands on the coveted 100% completion for each level, you might need a few tips. That’s where we come in. We’ve played the game extensively to bring you the following tips and tricks so you can nail it every single time.
Origame Beginner’s Guide – How it Works:
Origami is the art of paper folding, and Ketchapp’s aptly-titled Origame is no different. You’ll face numerous different levels that involve folding paper into various different shapes.
Here’s how it works: in each level, you have a blank piece of paper and the outline of a shape in dotted lines. You can tap and hold to grab any section of the paper, then fold it, striving to ensure that the end shape is the same as the one outlined.
You’ll get a score out of 100 for how close to perfect your shape is, with 100 being the best. Depending on the score, you’ll receive gems as a reward. This is the premium currency in Origame, and it allows you to purchase new paper skins. Exciting stuff.
Origame Tips and Tricks:
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s take a look at a few tips and tricks we’ve picked up while playing:
- Fold along the dotted line: You may have heard this advice before, but it works here too. Always fold along the dotted line. This is the best guide you could possibly have, as it ensures that your shape will be as close to perfect as possible.
- You can always refold sections to correct mistakes: If you’ve made a mistake – don’t panic. You can always refold that section to correct your mistake. This worked in our favour when Ketchapp played an ad while we were folding. Nice one.
- You always grab the corners or dead centre of the paper: It’s worth noting where the paper is folding from. That depends on where you tap from. If you tap an edge, it will fold from the actual edge of the paper. If you tap near the centre of the paper, it will fold from the centre. Get a feel for it.
- Once you tap, you can’t release until the fold is complete: This is a bit annoying but if you tap and hold, that’s it. You can’t release until the fold is complete. Remember this and be extra careful.
- Aim for 100 for maximum rewards: The only goal in Origame – aside from having fun – is to earn gems that you can spend on new paper skins. So it makes sense to try and earn the maximum number of gems in every single level, which requires getting 100%. Be careful and aim for it.
- Always watch ads when prompted to: Occasionally, you’ll receive a prompt to watch an ad in exchange for extra rewards. Always choose to watch the ad, as you’re going to have to watch one even if you select no. Might as well get some extra stuff.