Train Taxi is a brand new puzzler that challenges you to pick up a bunch of passengers on a number of train tracks. Early on, this is pretty easy as there’s no time limit, the levels are small, and you can’t really fail. Sooner or later though, you’ll face massive levels full of winding passages, collectibles, and passengers to collect.
While timing isn’t an issue, collecting all passengers without getting hit by yourself is. Train Tax is like Snake in that the more passengers you collect, the bigger the train gets. Eventually it gets pretty long, and you can easily crash into yourself in the many winding passages.
In this guide, we’re going to give you a bunch of tips and tricks to help you avoid that outcome. We’ll also help you to unlock new trains, which is the cosmetic collectible here.
Train Taxi Tips and Tricks:
- Timing isn’t the challenge – it’s doubling back on yourself: You’re not limited in terms of timing or picking the optimal route. Instead, much like in Snake, the challenge comes from accidentally crashing into yourself.
- Plan ahead during the bigger levels: So the best way to approach Train Taxi is to plan ahead – particularly during the bigger levels. You want to make sure you never crash into yourself. Try to
- Always watch ads for extra rewards: You get five times the rewards for collecting coins and extra keys during special minigame segments by watching an ad at the end. We always recommend doing this, as you’ve got nothing to lose but a bit of time but you’ll gain a heck of a lot more coins and get a better chance at unlocking bonus trains.
- Collect pick-ups before people: Once you’ve collected all of the passengers the level ends, leaving any collectibles to vanish into thin air. To ensure you get everything, we recommend grabbing them first and saving the people for later.
- Spend your coins on new trains: Occasionally, you’ll come across a special level with no passengers but a bunch of coins. Keep collecting coins and when you have enough, spend them on new train designs.