Nitrome, the prolific developer of arcade mobile games has dipped its toes into the first person dungeon crawler genre with SprintRPG. Surprisingly though, it draws more inspiration from rhythm action games and puzzlers than the likes of Eye of the Beholder.
It’s tough, is what we’re saying, and rewards those that spend the time to get into its rhythms and learn enemy attack patterns. Well, we’re here to help with just that. We’ve played a ton of SprintRPG to bring you the following tips and tricks to help you get up to speed.
SprintRPG Tips and Tricks:
- Pay attention to button highlights: The buttons on the screen highlight depending on what’s on screen, so if you’re stuck as to what to do, just press the highlighted button. Taking any other action during that turn will usually damage your health so pay attention.
- Learn enemy attack patterns: Enemies have different attack patterns that are worth learning if you want to get to the end of a level unscathed. You may have to black after each attack, attack multiple times before you move on, or simply kill them and get on with the level.
- Look ahead: Don’t just blindly rush forward as even bumping into a wall can harm your health. Pay attention to what’s coming ahead and react accordingly. There really isn’t much margin for error in SprintRPG.
- Chests can contain surprises: Not all chests contain treasure. Some include enemies, which you have to defeat if you want to make it to the end of the level. We recommend always opening chests with caution. If you expect a monster to pop up out of all of them, you’ll never get surprised.
- Your health bar doubles as a timer: Your health bar is also your timer and if it runs out you’ll fail the level. This is a decent mechanic as it encourages you to go fast but punishes you if you make mistakes. So you really have to concentrate if you want to make it to the end of the level.