Durango: Wild Lands is a brand new MMO that focuses on survival mechanics. It’s basically Minecraft meets Durango meets a mobile MMORPG.
You’ll scavenge for resources, craft your own equipment, and build yourself a base camp. Eventually, you’ll be riding dinosaurs into battle against enemy clans.
In this guide, we’re going to give you a few tips and tricks to help you get started. Durango’s a pretty big game, so this won’t help you with the full experience, but it’s a great place to start for beginners.
Durango: Wild Lands Tips and Tricks:
- Career Guidance: There’s so much to do in Durango that you might feel a little lost as to where to start. Fortunately, that’s where the Career Guide comes in handy. This provides you with a bunch of handy goals to give you some guidance during the early hours and rewards you with useful tools that give you a boost during the early hours.
- Basket Case: As soon as you’ve got your base camp set up, build your self a basket. We won’t sugarcoat it: you’re going to run into a series of inventory issues in this game. There’s just so much stuff to gather that you can’t possibly keep it all in your pack. The basket is the first storage unit you’ll be able to build in the game and it only requires a few leaves. Build it and use it immediately.
- Skilful: As you level up you’ll earn skill points that you can spend on new skills that allow you to pull off new combat manoeuvres, craft new items, and perform a variety of other activities. Each time you level up, we recommend grabbing a few skills. Let your Career Guide, errr, guide you as to what to level up next.
- Clan Do: Clans provide access to Clan Storage, status effects that boost every aspect of the game, and increased acquisition rates for EXP and T-Stones. Basically, the game is a heck of a lot easier and faster when you work as part of a team. Join a clan as your first order of business.
- Mark Your Territory: When you first set up a base camp, you’ll declare certain territory as yours. This prevents other players from declaring it as theirs. However, this only unlocks one slot of a possible 13 (for a beginner’s camp). You can actually declare all of these spaces right away for free, and keep them forever. So don’t let someone else just walk in and take your space – claim it right away.