In BitLife there are ribbons which require you to live your BitLife in a certain way. When you die, a ribbon is draped over the top left corner of your tombstone, and it sums up how you lived your life.
Whether you were a hero, lazy, wasteful or rich there is a ribbon for you. Want to know how to earn each individual ribbon including the new ones? Then read on and I’ll tell you everything you need to know.
Also, don’t forget to check out our other BitLife guides!
- BitLife – Life Simulator Achievements List: All 63 Achievements and How to Get Them
- BitLife – Life Simulator January Update: What’s a Prenup, What is Tubal Ligation and What is In Vitro Fertilisation
- BitLife – Life Simulator FAQ: Get Expelled From School, Become President, and More
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How to Steal a Car and Commit Grand Theft Auto
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How to Increase your Health and Happiness
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How to Get Your Smarts and Looks Up
- BitLife – Life Simulator: Can you Have Great Grandchildren?
- BitLife – Life Simulator: Tips, Tricks, and Cheats
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How To Escape From Jail
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How To Win The Lottery
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How To Become CEO
- BitLife – Life Simulator: How to Live Past 100
- BitLife – Life Simulator Schools List – How to Get Into Law School, Medical School, and More
- BitLife – Life Simulator: What are the Best Paying Jobs and How Do I Get Them?
- Cat Lady. A Cat Lady is a woman who prioritises her felines over family and friends. You should have as many cats as you can at all times, which means replacing them as soon as they die. Make no effort to talk to family and focus on mainting green bars with every single cat.
- Mooch. A Mooch is someone who is regularly asking their own family for money. It doesn’t matter if they give you money or not, what matters is that you ask each family member once a year. If your family dies then enter a relationship and ask them for money. It’s important that you ask each family member for money, the less family members the better as it makes your life easier.
- Model Bitizen. A Model Bitizen is a person who lives a life without any drugs or alcohol all while maintaining a good relationship with each family member. At some point during your life, a random event will come up and you should respond with calling the police.
- Family Guy. A Family Guy is someone who prioritises the happiness of their family over a successful career and fortune. You need to marry (ideally the first woman you date) and have at least a couple kids. Next, you need to keep their happiness bars full your entire life. To be safe, I recommend doing the same with all family members like parents and siblings.
- Thief. In order to get this new ribbon, you need to steal as much as you can without ever being caught. This includes pickpocketing, burglary and grand theft auto. The hardest part of the ribbon is not getting caught, which means avoiding prison at all costs. Whether you are extra careful or pay for good lawyers you need to avoid jail.
- Rich. To be classified as rich, you must have a net worth of at least 1 million. To earn this ribbon your defining feature must be the amount of money you earn rather than your family or loved ones. So if you are building a happy family and stacking the cash, you probably won’t earn this ribbon. To help, we’ve put together a list of the best paying jobs, as well as run guides on how to make the most money and win the lottery.
- Mediocre. It is incredibly easy to earn a mediocre ribbon in real life, and the same can be said about BitLife. To live a mediocre a life, you must achieve nothing. This means no confrontations with friends, any retaliation to people insulting you and not earning much money. Earning no property or vehicles also helps, plus losing your job and going to prison can also help you achieve this ribbon. For more help, check out our full guide on how to get the Mediocre Ribbon.
- Lazy. This is the second easiest ribbon to earn in BitLife. All you need to do is keep pressing the ‘age’ button until you are dead. This means you never improved yourself, spent time with family or socialised. I wouldn’t recommend living every life like this, just the one time for the ribbon. We have a guide on how to get the Lazy ribbon, check it out here.
- Fertile. In order to be branded with the fertile ribbon, you will have to have at least four children. Importantly, you should have kids as early as possible and try not to achieve anything else in your life. Just be known for having many kids and that should do it. If you are still unsure how to get this ribbon, then click here for an in-depth guide.
- Unlucky. Every couple of play through you’ll end up ending your life early by no fault of your own. This can be a car crash, a terminal illness or an unfortunate event that ensures your life is cut short. This is pretty difficult to aim for, so just keep playing and it will eventually happen. We have a guide for the Unlucky ribbon, check it out here.
- Wasteful. This has to be the easiest ribbon in the entire game. All you have to do is begin a new life, and before you press the age button, you need to end your life. This means dying as an infant which is a shame, but worth the achievement.
Click here if you want to know more about the Wasteful Ribbon.
- Lustful. This is not a difficult ribbon to achieve, but it helps if you have good looks. All you need to do is fornicate as many times as you can. If you lie around a lot throughout your life and don’t achieve a lot, you will earn this ribbon with no difficulty. If you need more advice on this ribbon, click here for a detailed guide.
- Academic. A reasonably hard ribbon to achieve where you will need to study hard throughout your life. Try to take as many courses as you can and spend as much time as you can at a university. It helps to have really high smarts from birth but it is not essential. Looking for more details on getting this ribbon? Then check out our guide here.
- Scandalous. Be an aggressive individual who starts a lot of fights and spends several years inside prison. Once you make an aggressive decision, more follow. So it should be quite easy to achieve this ribbon. If you need more help, check out our detailed guide to the Scandalous Ribbon.
- Loaded. In order to be loaded, you must have an incredibly successful life, where you earn over 10 million. Remember that what else you achieve in life can affect what ribbons you get, so just try to earn as much money as possible and start early. That way you can’t miss! Check out the Rich Ribbon section above for links on how to earn a bunch of money quickly.
- Hero. Almost the exact opposite of being scandalous. You must be forgiving and non-aggressive when confronted. A way to tell if you on track is, by having high karma and being nice to others and family this should help you achieve this ribbon. We have a guide for the Hero ribbon, check it out here.
- Cunning. To achieve this ribbon, you must escape from prison, and never be caught again. There are many ways you can do this, one is blind luck where you carry on your life with a low-paying job and hope you never get caught. Other more reliable ways include emigration or a sex change. The issue with these methods is they are expensive and emigrating can often get you caught, anyway. For more information, check out our full guide to the Cunning Ribbon.
- Teammate. Candywriter has added a few new career paths, one of which is a mobile developer. Taking this job makes you part of the team of game developers out there in the wide world. If you are in Toronto, you might notice they called the game developer company Gamezebo. So extra brownie points to anyone who works for Gamezebo and becomes part of our team! There are more ways to get this ribbon, find out here.
- Wicked. Achieving this ribbon involves having a lot of threesomes. To have a threesome, you will need a partner who registers highly on the crazy spectrum. Avoid having one-night stands because you will end up with a lot of lovers. Having a lot of lovers earns you the Lustful ribbon. So have threesomes and cheat on your partners as much as you can. Check out our guide on the Wicked Ribbon here.
- Houdini. You can earn this ribbon in the same way as the Cunning ribbon. Instead of avoiding capture, ideally, you want to go back to prison and escape again. Escape as many times as you can to achieve this one. Check out our section on the Cunning Ribbon above for links on how to escape prison.
- Rowdy. Think of this one as the party animal, the one that’s first to argue and is always out clubbing. So, getting this ribbon means a lot of house parties, go clubbing a lot and argue with individuals. Avoid assaulting them as you will go to prison, but arguing is just fine. Check out our Rowdy ribbon guide here.
- Geriatric. To achieve this ribbon, live a long and uneventful life. I say uneventful because if you earn too much money or fornicate a lot you will end up with something else. To earn the Geriatric ribbon, try to live beyond 100 years and the rest should be a piece of cake. For more information, check out our guide on how to live past 100. We’ve also run a piece on how to be healthy, which should help!
- Stupid. To be stupid, one must be very stupid. This involves never studying, dropping out of school and doing nothing to improve your intelligence. throughout your life they will give you choices, so always make the wrong decision, like don’t wear a condom. Petting a wild animal is stupid, but I can’t 100% confirm this will get you the ribbon. Check out how to get the Stupid ribbon from our guide.
- Jailbird. Spend as much of your life in prison as possible and try to die in prison. To avoid getting the Scandalous ribbon try not to murder, instead go to prison for assault and keep trying to escape and riot. Unsuccessfully escaping adds more and more years to your sentence. Here is a more in-depth guide to getting the Jailbird ribbon.
- Deadly. To be classified as deadly, you will have to commit more than one murder throughout your lifetime. Getting this wrong can leave you with the Jailbird or Scandalous ribbons. For more information, check out our full guide on how to get the Deadly Ribbon.
- Famous. This ribbon speaks for itself in terms of what you will need to do. Get a job in the entertainment industry, including acting or porn. Post a lot to social media and try to amass a huge following. For more information, check out our full guide on how to get the Famous Ribbon.
- Successful. Live the life of your dreams, if your dreams were a middle-class life. Have a stable relationship and a few kids, earn money but not a lot. Have a decent car, a decent house, nothing too fancy and you will get this ribbon no problem. Avoid aiming for top jobs and stay clear of drugs or casinos. For more information, check out our full guide on how to get the Successful Ribbon.
- Globetrotter. To become a Globetrotter, you must trot the globe. This includes emigrating multiple times or taking multiple vacations. You will need to have a lot of disposable income to travel, but avoid becoming too rich and getting the Loaded ribbon. For more information, check out our full guide to the Globetrotter Ribbon.
- Addict. If you’ve ever played BitLife, then you’ll know all about addiction and the best ways to cure it. To get this ribbon, you will avoid curing your drug or gambling addiction. Rack up as many addictions as you can when you are offered a drink or drug, always accept it. For more information, check out our guide on the Addict Ribbon.
- High Roller. We mentioned gambling earlier, but to get this ribbon you must be good at it. You must stake a lot of money and I mean ‘a lot’ to be able to win big. Having millions to dispose of is useful here, as partners aren’t too happy if you blow a lot of money. For more information, check out our guide to the High Roller Ribbon.
I have said it throughout the article, but it is difficult to only achieve one ribbon in your life. Often enough you will fill the criteria for multiple ribbons. So, if you are aiming for a particular ribbon, then avoid doing anything else that could interfere. Essentially, focus your efforts or you’ll end up with a ribbon you didn’t want.