Tencent Games has finally taken the next step in their global conquest of Esports. This time, their focus is to capitalise on the ever-growing mobile gaming community. How is Tencent planning on making history with PUBG Mobile? A massive global tournament of course!
Did you say tournament?
That’s right, this year marks the debut for the PUBG Mobile Club Open. A competition designed to find the best PUBG Mobile squad on earth. Players will have to enter regional’s which is split into eleven categories. The categories include; North America, South America, Europe, India, South East Asia, Middle East, China, Korea, Japan and Wildcard.
The Wildcard category is to cover any land-masses not explicitly mentioned in the categories above. So do not panic if you are based somewhere remote like Madagascar, you’ll still have a chance to enter and win.
Once these regional tournaments have finished, the winners can meet up and fight for the win in the Club Open Global Finals. The finalists will compete for the lion share of $2 million dollars, so it’s fair to say it will be a no expense spared finale.
Who can enter and what are the rules?
This tournament is not as exclusive as it sounds, in fact, it’s trying to bring the PUBG Mobile community together. With that being said, it would be unrealistic to assume every single player can enter. There are a few rules and limitations that may affect your eligibility, all of which are listed below.
A player under the legal age of majority in his or her country of residence, but older than 16 years of age (i.e. having lived for at least 16 calendar years after date of birth) as of the Tournament start date may participate with consent from parents or legal guardians.
- No fewer than 3 players must be from the same region they register in.
- All players must be ranked Platinum or above at the time of registration.
- No Roster Changes after registration has been submitted.
- Crew Rosters must be a minimum of 4 players and no more than 5 players with one player being a substitute player.
- Substitute players may be swapped out in between matches.
- Results for the Qualification Round will be based on your results in the game. So please make sure you create a Crew with the same name after successfully completing registration.
- Designate a Crew Leader (Team captain) for all tournament communications.
- All games will be in TPP Squad Mode.
- Registration period: 2019-03-08 03:00 (UTC) – 2019-03-18 22:00 (UTC)
- Registration for China, Japan and Korea will be announced at a later date. Please do not register on this site at the moment.
- Players may participate in Tournaments (both in Online Events and at LAN Events) only on mobile phone handheld devices. Players may not play on tablets, personal computers (PC), consoles, laptops, or any other non-handheld device.
To summarise the list above, you should be above the age of 16, be ranked higher than Platinum and have at least two other players based in the same region as you. Another important rule to note is the ban of tablets, which most Youtubers/streamers use when broadcasting their gameplay.
How do I register?
If you click the link here, you will find everything you need to know about registering. Make sure you spell everyone’s names correctly and that when you set up a squad, you use the same name you gave when registering.
You want to play as many games as possible as they consider your best results and ranked for the tournament stage. If you’d like to know more about the event then click here.