Ah yes, it’s another io game – but this time it’s one with snakes. Snakes…why did it have to be snakes? But forget Indiana Jones – as Snaker.io! has you play as one of the legless reptiles in a battle arena to the death.
It’s a relentless game where one slip of concentration can cost you dearly. You grow by grabbing the many shiny orbs scattered around stages, with the aim of the title to grow as large as possible.
It can be a bit much to take in at first, but don’t worry. Just follow these tips and strategies and you’ll be the biggest snake – so to speak – in no time. Here’s a hugely helpful motivational message to start things off too…
- Heads up Avoiding being killed in Snaker.io! is simple. Don’t run head first into the bodies of the other snakes. There is no other way to die in the game.
- Start off slow It’s tempting to want to do everything when you’re first plunged into the arena, but when you’re small you’re easy prey to the larger snakes. So it’s best to just stay away from any skirmishes early on and slowly grow in size by grabbing the orbs that are lying around.
- War profiteer Staying directly away from skirmishes is a good plan, but taking advantages of any battles that do occur is also wise. Vanquished snakes can leave behind a huge number of orbs to grab – so be aware of any major deaths as you can profit from them massively. And become massive in the process.
- Self awareness Be aware that you can run through your own body (see picture above). Not only can this be helpful for getting out of tight spots, you can also use it to trap smaller snakes.
- Colour coding Yes, you can run over your own tail, but make sure it’s your body you’re about to go through. Just because it’s the same colour doesn’t mean it’s you. It’s best to make sure to avoid an embarrassing death.
- Living on the edge The edges of the arena – a pleasant calming blue – can’t actually be plunged into. So don’t worry, you can’t die if you take your eye off the screen for a second and run into one. You’ll just bounce harmlessly off and away from them.
- Don’t get cornered Generally avoid the corners of the arena, as it’s too easy to get trapped in them via the coils of the larger snakes – especially if you’re just starting out.
- The bigger they are… When you finally grow significantly and find yourself near the top of the leaderboard don’t get complacent. A smaller foe can be easy to trap, but they can also be easy to underestimate. Finding yourself attacked and defeated by a plucky faster small snake is all too easy if you don’t stay on your toes.
- King of the ring When you’re a large snake it’s easy to be passive when it comes to attacking other snakes, but that can be dangerous. Whenever possible circle foes – especially smaller ones – to give your opponents no chance to grow.
- Keep an eye on the leaderboard The leaderboard is at the top right of the screen. It’s a good idea to check it on occasion to see who your biggest rivals are and act accordingly.
- Are we humans? Bear in mind that Snaker.io! doesn’t pit you against other humans – all your opponents are AI controlled, so often follow the same patterns and behaviours over and over. They aren’t very aggressive and can often be very easy to shepherd into your coils.
Use these tips to your advantage by downloading Snaker.io! via the App Store now. And be the best snake you can be.