So you’ve begun your quest to clear up the galaxy, whether you join the Federation, Klingons or Romulans there are plenty of things that could go wrong along the way. Following these tips will help keep you on track regarding galaxy cleansing, and should help you have fun along the way.
- Build up what you’ve got. If you’re a curious commander, you would have looked through the blueprints and discovered many better ships out there to be researched and created. This may have put you off your current duties, which is to expand and improve what you have. New players don’t just stumble across a brand spanking new ship off the bat, hard work and dedication go into creating a new ship. So, don’t neglect what you have, upgrade wherever possible, there is no point on saving materials just yet.
- Explore the galaxy. If there is one thing worth doing in Star Trek Fleet Command, it’s having a look around. It will surprise you, what you find out there. Whether it’s a Tritanium Mine or something more dangerous, there is plenty to explore out there and that means plenty of rewards. Travelling across the galaxy takes seconds but if you can’t make it to certain areas this could mean your ship is not upgraded enough.
- Scan before an attack. In the early stages of this game, you won’t find a difficult enemy, so you could just go around attacking whomever you want. But, try to get into the routine of scanning before making a move. Later on in the game, you will have a lot more to lose then a random Romulan, so it’s worth checking out their defence and what rewards you could get from this attack.
- Fleets are friends, not food. As part of the tutorial, you are forced to join a squad of other random people. Who you join is up to you, but I would pick a popular group and try to make friends. This way, you can easily team up and help each other establish a foothold in the galaxy. You got to remember you aren’t the only one flying around looting and attacking, so having a fleet of friends behind you is nothing but strength.
- Research and development. This may seem like an obvious tip, but get your R&D lab running as soon as possible. To get your lab off the ground, you will need to upgrade your Operations centre and your Academy first. After doing so a couple of times you will be able to research improvements for your ship like battle tactics or stronger hulls. Another bonus of an R&D lab is the research is stronger which leads to better ships, so start building a better future.
- Claim whatever you can. It goes without saying that completing missions gives you a reward, but there are other areas of the game that have rewards just waiting for you to collect. There is a free chest that regenerates every 10 minutes, four hours and 24 hours. Not to mention the daily goals you can complete just by playing the game. Completing each Daily Goal will have its own unique reward, completing several goals will earn you chests, a maximum of four a day. So keep looking through your reward menus, there are plenty of freebies to collect.
- Immerse yourself in Starfleet. This may sound like a silly tip, but if you get your mind into the right state to play this game, its hours of fun. It has the right amount of freedom and assistance to allow you to take control of the surrounding galaxy. If you associate with like-minded individuals, you can lose hours exploring the galaxy and destroying enemy vessels. The aim of the game is to recruit and build a nice home and fleet for yourself and this doesn’t happen overnight. So keep grinding it out and try to enjoy each step of the way.