For those of you who are unaware, Old School RuneScape is back again. This time the iconic MMORPG is taking over our mobile devices. Create your very own character to explore the humongous world of Gielinor. If you are looking for something to plunge a crazy amount of time into, then look no further. Anyway, that is enough hyping, read on for our tips and tricks for how to get the most out of Old School RuneScape.
- How do I make money? Well, to be honest, it’s almost impossible to not make money. Chopping down trees, mining for metal and fishing all seem like pointless tasks but in reality, everything in Old School RuneScape has a value. This means whatever you are doing is bound to reward you in some way, financially.
- How do I sell my items? I recommend the grand exchange, it’s the place to be if you are buying or selling anything. From party hats to the bare essentials, the grand exchange will have it all. The grand exchange is located in Varrock, which is directly north of Lumbridge. If you’re just starting a new account then maybe you should avoid the grand exchange for now. Build up an inventory and then come back to make a small fortune.
- Get on the quests. Believe it or not, Old School RuneScape has more quests than you could shake a stick at. From doing the mundane tasks like chopping down trees to the more dangerous tasks of dungeon clearing. At the end of every quest, you’ll earn something to reward you for your time. Whether it’s an item or a sack of gold, you’ll be sufficiently compensated for your time.
- Make friends. This may seem like a silly tip, but there is a lot to do in Old School RuneScape and not all of it can be done alone. So it will save your time in the long run to have a nice catalogue of friends. Some of the more rewarding quests will require a squad of your strongest allies, so buddy up early and get questing together.
- Stay away from the Wild. The wilderness is a place where players can release a bit of aggression towards each other. This is where players can slay other players and take each other’s loot. If you die in the wilderness you’ll lose all your items except three, unless you use a protection spell. So don’t go into the wilderness with items you aren’t prepared to lose.
- Take note of skulled players. Have you ever noticed a player walking around with skull and crossbones, above their head? Well, this means this player has murdered another player in the wilderness without this person fighting back. Not fighting back could mean that this high-level player took a newbie out into the wilderness and slew him for his loot. Therefore, avoid this type of player at all costs.
- Should I become a member? Becoming a member of Old School RuneScape opens up your world to a lot of additional content. Your explorable area will increase by three times, you’ll be able to learn eight new additional skills and you unlock the ability to play minigames. There are many more quests to complete as well as more skills to unlock, so there is certainly value for money with becoming a member. If you are looking for casual fun then I wouldn’t become a member. But if you are a serious player then membership is a must.
- Get used to the controls. Many players of Old School RuneScape won’t be used to the point and click movement system. The main issue is you can’t be as precise with your finger as you can be with a mouse. So it will take time to get used to navigating, plus the camera system is a little annoying. Lastly, opening and closing the map frequently is a sure way to make the game crash, so try and remember where you are heading.