Ghostbusters World is an AR based game not too dissimilar from Pokemon Go. The aim of the game is simple, collect ghosts who are invading the real world and use them to battle ghosts in the story. Confused? Don’t worry, these tips will have you busting ghosts like a real Ghostbuster.
- There’s no “I” in Ghostbusters. As you may have noticed, one part of Ghostbusters World is catching ghosts and the other is using them in battle. That being said you should always be thinking about improving your squad. Whether it’s upgrading the ghosts you’ve got, or going out there to find bigger and better, you should always have your eye on your team.
- Destabilize duplicates. If you are going around capturing ghosts you’ll notice that more often than not the same ghost will appear more than once. Rather than hoarding duplicates in your collection, you should aim to destabilize any ghost that you already have. This way you’ll earn more loot besides just the ghost itself, and your collection won’t be full of duplicates.
- Look at your squad’s elements. In the bottom left corner of your ghost’s emblem, there will be a small symbol. This symbol represents what element your ghost is a part of. The elements are; water, fire, earth, light and dark. Depending on what element your ghost is and what element the enemy ghost is will affect how much damage you will do to the enemy.
- Look at the triangles. Whenever one of your ghosts is about to attack the enemy will have a triangle floating above their head. This indicates the amount of damage the attack will do. So, a green triangle means the attack will be strong, a yellow triangle means the attack will be medium and a red triangle means the attack will be weak.
- Balance is everything. No matter who you face, if you have a well-balanced team then you stand a chance of beating them. By balance, I mean more than just one or two types of elements in your squad. However, at the start of every level you are told the enemies you will be facing and the elements they are. Meaning, if you see a lot of water type enemies, then a good way to set up would be a lot of earth element ghosts in your squad.
- Upgrade or replace? One question you will be asking a lot is, do I upgrade this ghost, or should I replace them. Upgrading in Ghostbusters World is a two-stage process. The first stage involves ranking up your ghost to the maximum level it can currently be at. Stage two is where you increase the maximum level cap, meaning your ghost can level up higher than before. Both of these upgrades take a lot of special PKE Crystals, so you may want to make sure you are upgrading the right ghost.
- Ecto-sphere is here. The first Ecto-Sphere you find is part of the tutorial, meaning it is opened for you. The reason why this is important is due to next time you try and open one it will take 12 hours, plus they aren’t common so finding one in the first place will take time. After opening the sphere, you should receive a rather high rated ghost to be added to your collection. It’s important to add this ghost to our squad because it should be better than most of the ghosts you’ve collected. If you don’t like it then drop it back to your reserves.
- Auto isn’t always your friend. In the early fights, it’s perfectly fine to leave your fights on auto-mode because you should win no matter what. Although, when you enter stage two, things get a little tricky. This means you should retake control of your fights and lead your team to victory.
- Keep dying on the same level? Even though you may have your best units selected in your squad, you might not necessarily have them in the right order. If you’re against strong enemies who attack fast, then you want your strongest units towards the front and back of your squad. This way you can start strong and kill ASAP as well as counter effectively after your opponent attacks.