Reigns: Game of Thrones has arrived at the right time for all of us Thronies out there. Take control of nine different rulers each with the challenge of keeping their kingdom happy, which is easier said than done. With our tips, you’ll have what it takes to satisfy your advisors and have a lengthy rule over your kingdom.
- Know your categories. While playing Reigns: Game of Thrones you’ll have to satisfy four factions, all with their own private interests. The four factions are as follows: military strength, religious favour, domestic popularity and state wealth. Questions will be asked of you that will satisfy one group, however will annoy the others. So, it’s important to know how each faction works and what activities annoy them.
- It’s a game of balance. In order to maintain a happy kingdom, you must not neglect any faction. If your funds are running low, then you should do your best not to spend any money. Furthermore, you shouldn’t let any faction be 100% happy with you. This is because impertinence is just one swipe away.
- Don’t swipe all the way. If you are unsure about the impact your decision will make then swipe and hold the card, this will then indicate which factions will be affected by your actions. The factions affected will be indicated by a circle appearing above the faction’s symbol. One thing to remember is this tip only indicates which factions will be affected, it won’t say in what way the faction will be affected.
- Practice makes perfect. A lot of individuals who play this game feel disappointed that after three playthroughs they haven’t unlocked more rulers to play as. This is because of a number of reasons, but the most important is because you haven’t unlocked them yet. The best way you can tell on how to unlock new characters is to look at the Royal Deeds. The deeds indicate the challenges in the game, completing some of these challenges will unlock more characters.
- How do I unlock Jon Snow? After your first playthrough with Daenerys, you would have moved straight on to Sansa Stark or Tyrion Lannister, which is the logical thing to do after unlocking a new character. Although, you must play as Daenerys and survive long enough for Jon Snow to come forward and introduce himself. After he does this, he will be a playable character when you die.
- Don’t have favourites. I know it’s especially difficult to not want to please your citizens, but I can assure you that the bank is far more important. Another trap you might fall into is to go against the story. For example, you might be asked to send an assassin to kill Bran Stark and the answer you should give is yes. We’ve all know Bran since the first season and not many of us want him dead. But it will upset your some of your factions, so maybe just send the assassin. Who knows, maybe Bran will see this coming.
- Be a leader. Reigns: Game of Thrones is trying to teach you the responsibility of being a leader. You can’t just please the people or they will be first to tie you to end your reign early by chopping your head off. So this means you will have to adjust your moral compass and make decisions for the good of the kingdom rather then what you feel is morally right. It may take a few turns to see the error of your ways, but that’s ok. Every time you fail you should reflect on the decision before your demise, so you can avoid falling into the same trap again.