Food, can’t live without it, can’t … actually, that’s it. We all need food, and your virtual pets in My Tamagotchi Forever need it more than most.
Unlike previous generations of Tamagotchi games and apps, there aren’t any negative consequences for failing to feed your characters in Bandai Namco’s mobile game. Infants and teens will even continue to develop and evolve if you give them no food, as mean as that would be. Still, if you want to evolve your Tamagotchi into the exact forms you want, then food is probably the most important thing in the whole game.
With that in mind, we thought it would be helpful, especially for people who are new to My Tamagotchi Forever, to get an overview of all the food in the game, how much it costs and what category it falls into to help better plan out how to spend coins and evolve your Tamagotchi as you see fit.
Food You Can Buy With Coins
- Apple – fruit, 7 coins
- Broccoli – veggies, 7 coins
- Chocolate – sweets, 8 coins
- Hot dog – snacks, 8 coins
- Cookie – sweets, 9 coins
- French fries – snacks, 10 coins
- Peach – fruits, 10 coins
- Shrimp – seafood, 12 coins
- Milkshake – sweets, 12 coins
- Carrot – veggies, 14 coins
- Sausage – meat, 17 coins
- Sushi – seafood, 20 coins (unlocks at level 8)
- Lollipop – sweets, 30 coins (unlocks at level 12)
- Cucumber – veggies, 35 coins (unlocks at level 14)
- Strawberry – fruits, 42 coins (unlocks at level 17)
- Grilled salmon – seafood, 47 coins (unlocks at level 20)
- Paksoi – veggies, 56 coins (unlocks at level 22)
- Crab cake – seafood, 58 coins (unlocks at level 23)
- Watermelon – fruits, 66 coins (unlocks at level 26)
- Stuffed chicken – meat, 70 coins (unlocks at level 28)
- Pizza – snacks, 76 coins (unlocks at level 30)
- Meat skewer – meat, 80 coins (unlocks at level 35)
- Ham – meat, 94 coins (unlocks at level 44)
- Donut – sweets, 99 coins (unlocks at level 48)
- Narutomaki – seafood, 110 coins (unlocks at level 52)
- Bell pepper – veggies, 113 coins (unlocks at level 54)
- Tortilla – category TBD, 118 coins (unlocks at level 57)
- Matcha cake roll – sweets, 123 coins (unlocks at level 58)
Bonus tip: If you aren’t interested in evolving a Tamagotchi and simply want to fill them up (for instance, if you are feeding an adult), more expensive foods generally fill their hunger meter more quickly than cheaper ones.
Food That Costs Diamonds
- Sushi roll – seafood, 2 diamonds
- Cherry – fruits, 3 diamonds
- Cake – sweets, 5 diamonds (unlocks at level 10)
- Steak – meat, 7 diamonds (unlocks at level 21)
- Corndog – snacks, 10 diamonds (unlocks at level 29)
- Aubergine – veggies, 14 diamonds (unlocks at level 49)
- Dragonfruit – fruits, 18 diamonds (unlocks at level 60)
Bonus tip: Don’t want to wait to unlock certain food? Any food item can be unlocked ahead of time with diamonds, Just tap on the food in question to find out how much it will cost you.
Food That You Need to Watch an Ad to Buy
- Chicken leg – meat
- Corn – veggies
- Banana – fruits
- Hamburger – snacks (unlocks at level 16)
- Icecream – sweets (unlocks at level 25)
- Scallops – seafood (unlocks at level 38)
- Spare ribs – meat (unlocks at level 55)
Note that you’ll need to watch one ad for every unit of that food you want. That can be a bit of a pain for Tamagtochi like Kikitchi, who needs a healthy quantity of bananas to evolve, but if you only have to watch ads for the purposes of evolving specific characters, it’s not so bad.
You should be all set to conquer the world of food. If you found this guide useful, please check out our other My Tamagotchi Forever articles when you have a chance, including out guide to the game’s biggest update and tips on how to play for free forever.