One of the prime ways that F2P RPGs like Nintendo and Cygames’ Dragalia Lost get their hooks in you is to make it fairly easy to get one or two powerful starting characters. “Hey, this isn’t so bad, I’ll have four five-stars in no time,” you think to yourself, though of course that early game gravy train eventually makes its last stop and you end up having to grind pretty hard or pay money to finish off the team of your dreams, especially if the gacha gods are feeling particularly cruel.
What if you could make the odds ever in your favor, to coin a phrase that I definitely never heard in any form of pop culture ever before? There’s actually a pretty easy way to reroll the characters you have at your disposal when you first start your journey in Dragalia Lost. The best part is that it’s completely free, and you can even do it repeatedly if you so choose. That’s actually more than one part, but let’s not quibble over semantics.
The two keys to the rerolling process are the Jumpstart Endeavors, which are goals you can complete when you first start playing to get plenty of Wyrmite (one of the game’s several currencies, and key to obtaining more characters) and to not link your account to the game right away. Intrigued? We’ll lay it out step by step for you.
Dragalia Lost: Rerolling Starting Characters for Free
- When you start playing, be sure not to link your account. Yes, we said this already, and yes, we really mean it. If you don’t follow this advice, the rest of the rerolling process won’t work. You can always choose to link your account for playing on multiple devices later — in fact, at any time after you start.
- Play through the tutorial, during which time you’ll receive your first character. Four stars! Not bad, but we can do better. Though the tutorial will force you to play a few levels without being able to do anything else, it’s not many. Eventually, you’ll be able to access most of the options on the game’s main menu.
- Tap on the ‘More’ icon on the bottom nav menu, then the ‘Helper Settings’ button. This is where you set the character your in-game friends will get to use during battles if they decide to pick you, so it’s helpful to remember for later. Assign your first character as your helper and you’ll fulfill an achievement that will give you 2800 Wyrmite. This is a lot, as you’ll soon discover.
- Return to the main menu and tap on the ‘Jumpstart Endeavors’ button, which is on the left and will have a word balloon coming out of it. You can’t miss it. Then tap on the ‘Limited’ tab and collect the achievement.
- Close out of your achievements and tap on your mailbox icon at the top of the main screen. Tap on the ‘Accept All’ button and you’ll have more than 3000 Wyrmite. It won’t be that easy ever again. Probably. Note: If you are reading this after Oct. 10, 2018, the Jumpstart Endeavors will be over, but we expect there will be something similar replacing it that will leave you in roughly the same shape, currency-wise.
- Tap on the ‘Summon’ icon in the bottom nav bar. This is where you’ll be coming any time you have enough Wyrmite to do summons, which you’ll only want to do once you’ve saved up for the Tenfold Summon. That costs 1500 Wyrmite and will give you a mix of characters, dragons and Wyrmprints, including at least one four-star. But there’s also a chance for five-star characters, and with the Wyrmite you have at your disposal, you’ll be able to do the Tenfold Summon twice.
- Like what you’ve got? Cool. Go link your account now and have a blast. But if you don’t, simply uninstall Dragalia Lost and start back at step 1.
How do you know if what you get from your first two Tenfold Summons is good enough? It really depends on how much you want from your starting characters, though IGN suggests rerolling until you get two or three five-star characters.
You should be all set and be able to start from a much better position than simply leaving things to chance. Don’t forget to check out our general Dragalia Lost guide for even more helpful hints and tips.